Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

cannot reply to comments on some photos and cannot see comments on others

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I am having problems with comments on my photos. one of my photos has a comment on it which I cannot reply to see "Brenda Lea commented on the photo ShonaandTrish" and there is another photo with 7 comments that when I click to see the comment they disappear, see "Alice shared a photo". the photo of a cat. www.embroidery-allsorts.com/

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alice.

There are two different cases:

1. When commenting a photo on photo wall - right under photo in gallery. Then on activity stream is shown comment to that photo as activity. Comment thus created can't be commented again even if it's displayed with photo... that was commented.

2. A photo is uploaded and activity with photo is posted on activity stream. such a activity (photo) can be commented on stream.

Activity stream and walls are often mistaken. This will be unified in JomSocial 3.4

As for second issue: this can't be replicated on any other photo. I uploaded a photo to the same album and commented it 7 times. When you click on comments they are displayed... In console no error is displayed. Maybe some comment was removed... hard to say...

Please, make also a test...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,
I am having a bit of trouble understanding your first point. As for the the second issue, well you really have not answered me at all. What sort of test are you suggesting I make? There is obviously a glitch if I can't read the comments on that photo, Also if you are testing on a live site it would be nice if you deleted your test photo when you are finished.
Alice.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alice.

1. You can comment photo in two places: a) right under photo when browsing Album and b) when it's posted on activity stream

a) when you comment right under photo in photo album then your comment will appear on activity stream along with commented photo.
You comment that comment on activity stream - that is why you don't have comment button right under it on stream. This is comment NOT photo.

b) when photo is uploaded via postbox then it appear on activity stream and can be commented. Then comments are stored under that photo.

So the difference is: commenting photo in album post a COMMENT with photo but not photo itself.

2. But I answered you - I can't replicate it on any other photo. So I asked you to make a test: to upload a photo via postbox and try to comment it few times. Then check if comments will be displayed for you.

To be sure what happen with comments I'll need access to PHPmyAdmin... or cpanel to examine database.

Yes, I can delete my tests... but then what proof I'll could show you that I was on your site and tested it properly? I left that photo to show you that issue can't be replicated on any other photo and it's specific only to one photo...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński