Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

photo upload error

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Site has been working for about a month, many users and admin's have been uploading photo's, etc.....now without doing any changes to site we are getting an Upolad Error 6......can you help???

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This is the error I'm getting in the error.log

[29-Mar-2014 12:00:13 UTC] PHP Warning: File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Eric,
I have checked the error at your site too and informed to our developer why this is happening.
Once I get any update, I will let you know.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

just wondering if you have an update on the status of this??

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Eric,
According to the error no "Upload error 6" as www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.errors.php
"UPLOAD_ERR_NO_TMP_DIR
Value: 6; Missing a temporary folder. Introduced in PHP 4.3.10 and PHP 5.0.3. "
Can you contact to your hosting server and make sure that the the temp folder is there.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I contacted the host here is there answer..

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with this. Unfortunately I'm not making much progress on this. I've checked the /tmp directory and it is fully accessible so that shouldn't be the problem. This is the error that is being thrown when you try to upload a photo:

[04-Apr-2014 17:03:28 UTC] PHP Warning: Division by zero in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 1074
[04-Apr-2014 17:03:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CommunityPhotosController::display() should be compatible with CommunityBaseController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 3191
[04-Apr-2014 17:03:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 1733
[04-Apr-2014 17:03:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 2147
[04-Apr-2014 17:05:33 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CommunityPhotosController::display() should be compatible with CommunityBaseController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 3191
[04-Apr-2014 17:05:33 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 2418
[04-Apr-2014 17:05:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method JUtility::getHash() in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 2594
[04-Apr-2014 17:05:34 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CommunityPhotosController::display() should be compatible with CommunityBaseController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 3191
[04-Apr-2014 17:05:34 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 1059
[04-Apr-2014 17:05:34 UTC] PHP Warning: Division by zero in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 1074
[04-Apr-2014 17:05:35 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CommunityPhotosController::display() should be compatible with CommunityBaseController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 3191
[04-Apr-2014 17:05:35 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/fantasys/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 1733

You may want to contact the developers agaid and provide them with that error output and see if they have any ideas on how to resolve that.

Best Regards,

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Eric,
Can you send us the ftp info so that I can cross check the file and find out the problem.
And suggest you to upgrade the jomsocial with latest version 3.1.1.
Please edit your first post of this topic and fill out the ftp info.
Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński