Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Image Flicker and Image Size

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

Three questions.

1) Why do my images flicker on the wall?
2) Why when I upload them the link is broken and I have to upload them a second time?
3) Are images shrunk in size when they are uploaded?

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

I dont really understand with this issue, if possible can you provide me the steps to replicate this.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Three questions.

1) Why do my images flicker on the wall?

Login, go to my profile, and look at the wall. You will see some of the images that I uploaded with broken links, other flash on and off.

2) Why when I upload them the link is broken and I have to upload them a second time?

Uploading a picture from the home screen, will not upload the picture the first time. You have to delete the one you uploaded which shows like a broken link, then re-upload and it will show.

3) Are images shrunk in size when they are uploaded?

Before I installed imagemagick, I noticed that the pictures were resized, just wondering if that was JS, or S3 doing the resizing. Also want to know if imagemagick is doing anything. I know that it is installed, but how can I confirm.

Let me know if you need more clearing up.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

#1 I dont get this, can you provide me the screenshoot? everything is working fine here

#2 Just replicated this and seems working fine.. look my stream "upload at 1st time"

#3 can you provide me the different before and after you install imagick in the screenshoot please? it should same actually, the different is the quality of imagick is better than phpGD(default image proessing in PHP) and actually the S3 wont do anything for this(resization)

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

1) It doesn't do it all the time, but when it does, this is how it starts:

dashpoint.ca/marcospaulino

Go down to: Marcos Paulino uploaded a new Group cover, Despierta Venezuela
Notice the picture is broken. Open the group and the image is fine. Now what happens sometimes is that the image shows broken, then disappears, then shows back again constantly. Sometimes it just shows the placeholder and it stays put like the example above.

2) It is sporadic, try it again, also with videos... I also noticed that when a video is linked from youtube, it is also broken sometimes, and you have to upload it a second time and then delete the original. I saw the image that you uploaded, but I also noticed that clicking the image doesn't open the image, can you send me the code to fix this, so that it opens the same ways videos do?

3) I think imagick is working properly, any way to check?

One last note, from the alpha demo I noticed:

>demo shared Jessica Davis's photo

How can I share photos and videos from within JS to other JS friends, groups, etc?

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

#1 ehm.. this issue come from the old jomsocial version usually come from 3.1.0.1 from the S3 issue.. I think in version 3.1.1 you wont face this issue anymore.. if you still get it , please let me know.

#2 Just replicated and seems everything is working fine, I am sure this issue already fixed in 3.1.1 too

#3 Hard if you want to check this, because imagick working via command or via API imagick (if available)

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Just posted a YouTube video, and it happened again. I'm posting from the share box:

Tha last one I posted worked, the first one didnt. It was the the same video.

Marcos Paulino shared a video.
Truth 00:55
Truth

my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about...
I need you on my wall!
Like Comment Delete less than a minute ago
Marcos Paulino shared a video.
Untitled 00:00
Untitled

No Description
I need you on my wall!
Like Comment Delete 5 minutes ago

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

Weird.. I shared again 2 same videos and still working fine.. anyway can you provide me the video url? let me check it.. maybe caused by video itself.. or you also can try with another video, how it goes..

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński