Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Photos will not upload

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am on the front end trying to modify cover images for a group I created and for some members. When I click Upload photos for Change Cover or for Change Avatar I can browse to retrieve my image, but then nothing happens. It acts like its trying to upload for a couple seconds, then nothing.

10 years 2 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Charlotte,

i can't replicate your issue :)
This is how i tried to replicate your issue :
1. Login Frontend
2. Go to Jomsocial Groups Page
3. i selected "Helena's Most Wanted Businesses" group for testing
4. i tried to upload a cover image
5. sucessfull upload cover image (cover image for this group has changed)
6. i tried to change avatar
7. sucessfull change avatar on this group

All changes i made, you can look at on your site :)

Maybe i missed on something, please let me know

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

In Firefox and Chrome and Safari I can't remove an image, nor can I upload one. When I try to remove one, by clicking on Remove Avatar, I get kicked back to the groups page (the page that lists all the groups). When I try to Modify Cover, or an Avatar, I tell it to Upload a photo and nothing happens. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

These are the steps I'm taking
1) Click on Modify Cover
2) Click on Upload Photos tab
3) Click on Upload Photos button
4) Go into my computer and choose photo
5) Double-click on the photo, or click on a photo and choose Open
6) Nothing happens

All I see is the same screen as on Step 3, showing the Upload Photos Button, and the Close button at the bottom left of the pop-up screen.

Same thing happens when I try to change the Avatar.

I also went into my profile on this site (jomsocial) and added my avatar and cover image and they both uploaded fine.

10 years 2 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charlotte,

Can you provide me your FTP access ? From what i have seen this thing happen maybe because :
1. There is community builder there which is not fully integrated with jomsocial
2. There is something wrong in your htaccess file.. Because when i tried to disable SEF & Url Rewriting, everything seems fine..

For temporary maybe you can disable SEF & Url Rewriting :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I was wondering if maybe there was a conflict with community builder. I'm changing from it to jomsocial, but didn't want to uninstall it until I had everything ready. I'll get you the ftp access. Thanks for your help.

10 years 2 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charlotte,

I will try to help you fix this problem, but i'm not sure :D have you try to upload cover + avatar before you installed anything (except jomsocial) on your site? because if this is about community builder integration maybe we can't do anything because we must look into CB code and this can be a long time :(

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

No, I had community builder on the site first. But I was able to add an avatar on another profile before it stopped working. I wonder if I uninstall community builder if it will then work. I'm just worried about uninstalling it but still being unable to update those photos. I think I'll try it. I'll just restore my backup if it doesn't. Were you able to look at the htaccess?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I see you were able to add some photos. For the life of me, I can't figure out why I can't. If you look at my page it shows I'm uploading photos, but it's not showing them. I removed Community Builder. All of a sudden I had several errors on the pages that it was on. So it's gone, but I still can't get photos on. I feel like I'm just doing something wrong, something simple.

Now I'm getting an error when I try to save something in the backend of Jomsocial
Notice: Undefined index: in /home/hlnmost/public_html/administrator/templates/isis/html/message.php on line 24

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I take that back. It was working. I uploaded an avatar and then began working on groups and putting people in them, but now I can't upload photos anymore. I don't know why. I haven't added any programs.

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charlotte,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. We apparently had a real issue on our forum and some posts simply were not visible for us. Our developers are currently fixing this issue and this should not happen again. I hope this didn't create a problem for you

Back to your question: now you can't upload any photos on anywhere? avatar profile, group cover, avatar group, cover profile, photo album ?

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński