Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Group cover photo modification and creation not functioning

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kris
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey guys for the 1st time today we tried to create some groups and add cover photos, which seems to have some issues, i simply can not set a cover photo for my group and have it stay intact after i navigate away from the group and back again, im not seeing any erros, but after uploading my groups cover photos it seems to be listed in another groups photos? its really confusing to say the least, ive checked all permissions and such and cant figure this one out for the life of me, ive tried with no luck using both GD and Imagemagick.

Any ideas what could cause this? fanspam.com/groups/nfl/chicago-bears

At one point trying to get this working, and how it is atm, when i create a group, upload a pic, and then click the groups photos and then select the cover album and go inside and then click the image thumbnail i get the following error:

Null primary key not allowed.
Go Back Home

fanspam.com/ibanez/photos/san-jose-sharkss-cover

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Kris.

Please, unlock access to backend. I get 403 when I try to reach it.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey mate, sorry about that, the htaccess has been renamed, u can go ahead now.

I think (not sure to be honest, there are alot of broken image links on the stream) i have resolved this issue by going into my joomsef jomsocial extension and setting the sef default router to Joomla Default router.
Im almost certain now any and most of the problems i experienced were due to menu items getting messed up by JoomSEF. does that sound like a reasonable explanation for my problems?

I see tho you have created a test group? and in the activity stream, u can see broken image? so maybe there is more to this than i 1st thought, thank-you so much for your assistance it is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Kris.

Now it works...yes, it is probably problem with JoomSEF.
Why don't you use default Joomla! SEF?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Michal, we are?

Joomsef is disabled for the JomSocial component, Jomsocial uses the default joomlasef router. At 1st i thought it would be JoomSEF that cause these issues so that is why i disabled it, yet the problems remain.

You can see on this page fanspam.com/administrator/index.php?opti...controller=extension

we have paid for a Jomsocial sef extension for joomsef, but as u can see its disbaled in the active handler column, Default Joomla! router.

The group image you tried to upload says it contains errors michal, it doesnt really go into much detail as to what is goin on, i can increase the log level for u?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Kris.

Now the only issue I see is that on group activity stream uploaded cover has broken link.

I uploaded few covers with ARTIO enabled and disabled (btw it was not disabled). All look fine...

Paths to images in activity stream look like this:

fanspam.com/images/cover/group/6/cf8f913...f77018fa511b891f.jpg (main Activity stream)
fanspam.com/groups/viewgroup/images/cove...f77018fa511b891f.jpg (in groups)

So image path lacks "/" on the begging...

I copied that file: ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/activities.photos.cover.php to your current template "html" folder.

And added "/" in line 49. Now images on stream are visible.

Please confirm if it works for you.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank-you Michal i really appreciate your assistance, Ill ask a few of the guys to test it out and i will also test.

I was under the impression when i set the JomSocial Extension for JoomSEF's SEF handling to Joomla Default Router that it was in effect bypassing joomsef for the JomSocial Component? (I'll attach a screenshot to this post).

And i will get back to you soon, thanks again m8, i really appreciate your assistance.

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Kris.

Honestly I never tried to use JoomSEF with JomSocial. Default Joomla! SEF was always enough for me :)
But that is really interesting... it's probably because JomSocial internal navigation...

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Kris.

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

10 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Kris
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey michal im so sorry ive been really busy tryin to drum up some webdesign / frontend work for myself, do u like this 1? ibanez0r.org/

You may most certainly close this ticket m8 i had a huge argument with JoomSEF and told him if he didnt reverse my payment of 100$ i would give him the worst review ever!!!! and that with the sheer unbridled flow of errors, not warnings, errors his "project joomsef" created that it had in fact got to a point where it was not able to be debugged anymore they need to like... start again u kno, bin it, etc, but i dont think he agreed, regardless we parted ways, i rebuilt the site from tehr ground up using backups and so on and we no longer have the weird problems that seemed to be occuring and also relating to joomsef, which as i say, is long gone, if u kno anyone that wants a copy of the pro version i have it for sale 100$ LOL :)

thanks for your ingoing assistance michal we all really appreciate it, hey listen while i have ur attention i got word of this.. jomsocial release candidates floating about and i gotta tell u it makes me very excited and i wish i could check it out but i cant find!!?

Also highly advise u guys tell ppl immediately if they do approach u with a similar issue and also run JoomSEF, our db was not recoverable by the end.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński