Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Activity Filter Breaking Image Path

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

When I upload a cover photo and then go to the home page and select "view all" activity filter, the cover photo activity breaks the image.

Steps to recreate:
1. Go to profile and upload new cover photo
2. Go to home page (front row on menu under community)
3. By default the filter is "me and friends", select "view all" and the image link breaks and the image does not appear.

Please advise.

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Additional Screen Shot

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Ian,

This broken image appear because you are using Joomla SEF and doesn't use URL Rewriting so the image link looks like invalid :)

Try to change way that URLs are created.
Go to Backend -> Global Configuration -> SEO Settings and change Use URL rewriting to Yes but remember to change "htaccess.txt" file on your hosting to ".htaccess" (without quotes)

Then check if issue persist and please let me know.

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I tried to change the file name on the server but it says the destination already exists. See attached photo

Also, will the URL rewriting hinder my ability to user 'advanced module manager'? I need to show certain modules on certain URLs. For example individual user profiles.

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ian,

you can delete or rename your old .htaccess file first and rename htaccess.txt into .htaccess :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thats what I did. I selected the file, clicked 'rename', changed the name, and then I got 'destination already exists'.

I also tried deleting it, changing it on my computer which Mac wont allow files to start with doc.

I tried downloading it to computer, deleting it from server, changing the file on my computer to .doc, uploading, and then changing it to .htaccess and it still gives me 'destination already exists'.

I downloaded the entire server directory and searched for htaccess and the attached photo shows the results. There is an htaccess in jdownload, ckeditor, and rss factory.

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ian,

I Will consult this to our developer and will reply to you soon :) Thank you for your patience :)

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński