Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Group Photos upload not working

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arnab
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

The group photos upload feature on one of my client's website isn't working as expected. Initially I suspected maybe some server permissions or restrictions, but all the paths (tmp/log) along with directory permissions look fine. Photos also upload fine through profiles and generally on other sections of the site.

The upload loading animation comes up when a photo is selected to be uploaded from the hardisk and just stays at that.

I'm on
Jomsocial 3.0.1
Joomla 2.5.18

The site details are in the Private Section. Can use <registered-domain>/index.php/jomsocial/groups/viewgroup/10-test-group to reproduce the issue.

Any help is much appreciated. Please do let me know if I need to furnish more details?

Thanks,
Arnab

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi
I am experiencing error from both end (frontend, backend) like
"JAuthentication: :authenticate: Failed to load plugin: plgauthenticationjoomla"
It is stopping to login.

btw we need to know the cpanel access (specially for database) for finding out the problem (group photo upload).
You may edit your first post and place cpanel info at miscellaneous field. but fyi it is must be solved the above authentication problem.
Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Вадим
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arnab
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response. Have been facing more issues on the site. But, the authentication issue has been resolved, you can use the same credentials to login and verify. Also, the cpanel details have been added in the main post.

Thanks for your help,
Arnab

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Arnab,
There are some necessary changes done with our latest version 3.1.0.4.
So it is highly recommend to you to upgrade jomsocial version.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Arnab
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I did try updating to 3.1 as suggested. But, I started receiving an error: "Error loading component: com_community, 1" both on backend, and frontend. Also, note I have jspt multi profile also configured.

But, I reverted back to 3.0 and the group photos upload feature is working again along with everything else. Maybe upgrade is not the solution after all, I couldn't really pin point where the issue lied but upgrade was definitely not it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński