Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Change size of featured video area and 1 more ?

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Is there a way to change the size of the featured video area?
My site main page is videos, I don't want to have the user to scroll so much to see newer un-featured videos .

Also, is there a way to set featured video without having to have the video player showing at the header of the page?
I am about to use a 3rd party jomsocial extension that allows featured videos to be showcased, but I am not sure if I need to have the video player showing in order to set featured videos.
It seems I need to have the feature video option set to yes in order to choose a featured video

Thanks!

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Kobe,

You need edit the template code for this, please you open this file components/com_community/templates/default/video.index.php and remove this code :

<!--video player-->
	<div class="cFeaturedTop cPlayer"></div>

<!--title, comments, desc etc-->
	<div class="cFeaturedMiddle cMeta">
		<div id="like-container" class="cFloat-R"></div>
		<h3 class="cFeaturedTitle ctitle reset-h">
			<span><a id="featured-video-link" href=""><?php echo $videos[0]->title; ?></a></span>
		</h3>
		<ul class="cFeaturedMeta cFloatedList cResetList clearfull">
			<li class="cAuthor"><a id="creator-link" href=""><span id="creator-name"></span></a></li>
			<li class="cHits"><span id="featured-view"></span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_VIDEOS_HITS') ?></li>
			<li class="cComCount"><a id="featured-video-comment-link" href=""><span id="featured-wall-count"></span> <span class="comment-text"><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_COMMENTS'); ?></span></a></li>
		</ul>
	</div>

in the same page you need change this code :
<a class="cVideo-Thumb" href="javascript:void(0);">
to
<a class="cVideo-Thumb" href="<?php echo $video->getURL(); ?>">

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I found the lines of code in the videos.featured.php,and not the video.index.php.

Now I just need one more thing removed and thats the navigation bar that scroll.I am using a 3rd party extension and I still need to be able to set the featured video. So, how would I remove the navigation scroll bar? I tried to remove some of the code but its not seeming to work.

Thanks!

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Found the lines of code to remove. I just needed a break from looking over code; came back looked things over again and found it.

Thanks once again guys!

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Looks like I spoke to soon. I removed what I thought was the code to hide the featured slider, but it messed with my left/right module positions. So back to square one.
Anyone know how I can hide/remove the featured slider?
I used the code above to remove/hide the player, but I need the feature slider gone to, and still keep the feature to "feature video" ( using a 3rd party script to showcase featured videos)

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kobe,

Can you provide me the screenshoot whats wrong after you apply my solution above www.jomsocial.com/forum/photos-videos/14...rea-and-1-more#70694 ?

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Here is a screen shot of my issue. I removed most of what I needed removed ( featured thumbs and navigation).
Now when I try to remove anymore code it throws
off my left and right module positions, and sometimes the videos below.

Attachment 1screenshot.png not found

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

so you wanna totally remove the featured videos?

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

In the sense yes. But I do need to be able to have the option of choosing the featured videos.
As in when I hove over the video thumbnail, on the video page, and choose the yellow star to feature.
Being there is no way to feature videos in the backed I still need to have the option.

As I stated I am using a 3rd part script to showcase a (slide show) and it has the option to show only featured video; which is what the area will be dedicated to. So my 3rd part scrip will overtake the Jomsocial option.

Thanks!

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Ah I see, there is lot of jobs to do, and you need help from 3rd party developer for this we cant help you too much.

But if you wanna totally hide the featured you can set in backend Jomsocial configuration->layout->Enable Featured Items to No

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have the 3rd party script fully functioning using the featured videos options. I still have the featured video option set to yes in the back end. I just need to hide the rest of the front end "featured video" thats part of the jomsocial (as shown in the screen shot) . Like I said I have much of it gone, but I need to know what else to remove.
I am using jomsocial js_video_module_top that was provided by the documentation through this site.

Also, is there any plans to add an option in the back end to set feature videos? I know you can preview the videos and descriptions, but nothing to set them as featured.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

For totally dissapaear it you only need re-open again this file components/com_community/templates/default/video.index.php and remove this code :

<?php echo $featuredHTML; ?>

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: For totally dissapaear it you only need re-open again this file components/com_community/templates/default/video.index.php and remove this code :

<?php echo $featuredHTML; ?>

Ah, perfect. It's just what I needed.
Thanks!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński