Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Video Upload and Cron Job Not Working

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Todd Edwards.

In configuration everything seems to be fine.
Does email notification are sent? Because they also use cron job.

Are you sure that paths to FFMPEG and FLVTool2 are correct?

EDIT:

When I run task manualy I get: signature-tunes.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=cron

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

I know that when you run the cron job manually you get the response that you have posted here. That is the reason that I am on this forum seeking help!

It seems to be the same response for other posting here with this problem, that you are asking if "that paths to FFMPEG and FLVTool2 are correct?".

I was hoping that you, as a support person, could let me know if things are configured correctly. We think they are configured correctly but things are still NOT working and therefore there must be another issue at play here? Correct?

We seem to all have set up the "paths" correctly according to your own instructions ( documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_Up_Cron_Job ) however the problem still persist. This is, in my opinion, a JomSocial issue that your developers need to resolve. It is obviously not something that is working as it should, easily and trouble free.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Todd Edwards.

I'm asking about paths because they could be different on each server. Paths in our documentation are rather an example. So user should ask hosting provider to confirm that paths are correct.

Yes, we check your JomSocial configuration but we don't have access to your server configuration panel to check if cron job is set up properly and what are server settings.

That's why I ask about server configuration and paths. Please ask your hosting provider if you're on CentOS.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal.

I have spoken with my host and you were correct. They are setting up the FFMEG and FLVTool2 paths on the server for me and will let me know when it is done within the next 24 hours. We are on CentOS.

I will let you know once I have changed the paths in the admin area of the site and have tested everything again. Thanks for much for your assistance thus far!

Will be in touch.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Todd Edwards.

I hope everything will go smooth... in past we experienced FFMPEG issues on CentOS (well known not only within JomSocial).
But lets wait for results...

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal.

The cron job seems to be set up correctly and the videos are working but could you please check to make sure everything is working correctly.

Also what is the latest situation/update with regards to videos playing on Apple mobile devices? Is Html5 in the works?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Todd.

I confirm, works as gold :)
signature-tunes.com/social-networking-co...os/video/26-avi-test

In next major release -> JomSocial 3.2 we're using new HTML5 markup ;) It will be released soon.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński