Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Cover photo: There was an error when trying to move uploaded image

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

We have our site online here . And the testing version here .

In both places we are having issues with profile's cover image. For some users it seems to work. But for others (including me) we can't change the profile's cover image. It just breaks. This happens if I choose an existing image and also if I upload a new one (in this case, an error appears: "There was an error when trying to move uploaded image to ...". No folder is mentionated, just a white space where I say "..." ).

By the way, I had set recursive 0777 permission for images folder.

There's a related issue: although the image upload fails, a message appears in the wall. That shouldn't happen because there's no image to show. I mean, a broken message is being displayed... Too bad.

Please help us to resolve this. Our users are complying.
Thanks in advance.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Luis,

You are using old Jomsocial version I suggest you upgrade it to the latest one..3.1.0.4

This issue should be fixed there.

thank you

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi. So we did. Andthe jomsocial backend crashes in a white screen (of death). Activating error reporting I see an error saying something like: "Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible...".

And by the way, the problem uploading cover photos is not solved with this.

See the complete error reporting:

- maximum level:

Warning: require_once(/disco2/vhosts/creadium.com/estudiodigital/administrator/components/com_community/libraries/chtmlinput.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /disco2/vhosts/creadium.com/estudiodigital/administrator/components/com_community/community.php on line 77 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/disco2/vhosts/creadium.com/estudiodigital/administrator/components/com_community/libraries/chtmlinput.php' (include_path='.:') in /disco2/vhosts/creadium.com/estudiodigital/administrator/components/com_community/community.php on line 77

- development level:

Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with that of JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /disco2/vhosts/creadium.com/estudiodigital/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 512 Warning: require_once(/disco2/vhosts/creadium.com/estudiodigital/administrator/components/com_community/libraries/chtmlinput.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /disco2/vhosts/creadium.com/estudiodigital/administrator/components/com_community/community.php on line 77 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/disco2/vhosts/creadium.com/estudiodigital/administrator/components/com_community/libraries/chtmlinput.php' (include_path='.:') in /disco2/vhosts/creadium.com/estudiodigital/administrator/components/com_community/community.php on line 77

There's something more: although the installation ended up correctly, I can't see Jomsocial listed in the Extensions Manager... However it works as you can see in the front end page...

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I found something weird: some file didn't exist and many others were old. So I overwritten to entire folders and now it works better, but not yet fine:

administrator/components/com_community/
components/com_community/

Which other folder should I take in account? (to overwrite with my local folders)

Why this upgrade don't resolve the main issue (about cover images failing to upload)?

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Luis,

Have you full re-installed the Jomsocial for the upgrading method? because copy-paste the folders wont fix this issue.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I did uninstall the old version before installing the new one. And the process was good. But finally we see that the new version wasn't installed ok.
And now we are stucked, because the plugin won't appear between the installed extensions, and it's broken. So we can't uninstall it and we can't fix it.
See, we payed for support. Please help.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Luis,

I just updated with the newest code 3.1.0.4, but I still have issue with your htaccess.. I suggest you use original htacess from Joomla itself... because I see some AJAX actions goes to :

Status Code:303 See other

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński