Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

A few question about videos

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

A few question about videos process for users. Please forgive me if these question have been answered. I've have tried to search the forums, but I could not find the answered I am looking for..

Currently my site is only allowing video links to be auto approved once submitted. Now is there way for a moderator or admin to per-approve a new video submission? I just don't want the members to upload random, or inappropriate video; being my site is a certain niche.

Second question is I made two types of accounts.
Now I need for my one account type not to be able to post video links or uploads. I've checked the " Multiple Profiles" options but don't see this feature.
Basically account type "A" won't be able to add video
But account type "B" will be allowed to post video for admin approval.

Thanks in advanced!

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Kobe.

At this moment both options are not possible in JomSocial, but it seems to be a cool ideas, maybe you could propose it on our uservoice page here ? uservoice.jomsocial.com

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kobe W
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Chris, thanks for the speedy reply. I guess I should have looked into this option before making the jump on buying Jomsocial.
These two features are critical for my site to go live. I was under the assumption that this was included in the features.
I did follow your link and make the request. But until then I can not bring my site out of beta until this is addressed.

I did find a a few 3rd party option but I was hoping to have something included in Jomsocial.

Thanks once again

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Kobe.

This shouldn't be difficult to achieve for our developers, this's why I strongly recomend to propose this feature, and maybe it'll be added into JomSocial 3.2(of course can't promise anything.) You can also try to achieve this with some help of professional php developer, you can check our oDesk section for list of recomended freelance developers here > www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński