Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Video and Image Mobile upload not bad

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ger
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

When trying to upload to photo from my phone. It say completed uploaded, but no picture show at all. However, any video that upload to the site can not play in cellphone. It ask need to have flash 9.0 or higher to display. Is there a way we can play video in my cell phone without required flash player.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Ger.

What is operating system on your phone? Android? Windows Phone? Any other? What version?
No, you need required flash player.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Ger,

are you using iphone ? honestly if you are using iphone, you can't play uploaded video because it's requires flash player.. But this issue is under our development about playing uploaded video on iphone or other iDevice :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ger
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I am using the Samsung Galaxy note III. Andriod Jelly Bean. I can't play any upload video, it needs flash player 9.0 or later. I just wonder when can you make Jomsocial to compatible with new Cell phone.

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ger,

as far as i know, GNote 3 was integrated with flash player but maybe you only need to update your flash player version via Play Store. You can't play video without flash player, i think this is standart because most of video streaming provider or anything about video is need flash player if you want to play it using mobile or tablet :)

Warm regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ger
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I did install Adobe Flash Player for play store and also download the Mozilla's browser which compatible with Flash. I still can't play any video from Jomsocial. But I was able to play video from HWDMEDIAShare, which is flash video, too. Every time when I try to play video from Jomsocial shared video, it keeps tell me that Flash version 9.0 or greater is required. You have no flash plugin installed. Any help?

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ger,

Flash pluign is installed on mobile device not on jomsocial component... Maybe HWDMEDIAShare using old flash player pluigns.. :)

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński