Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Some photo/ cron related issues while migrating

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • T
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi!
I am about to migrate my site to Joomla 3. So what I did was:
- I installed Jomsocial 3.1
- In the configuration I entered the same S3/ remote storage related info than in the 'old site' (blackbearkayak.com)
- I copied the according database tables into the new database (galleries, photos etc)

What I was expecting was that the photos would be grabbed from the according bucket but didn't work. When I copied some pictures into my sites images folder, some of them would show up, some are not but I think that is just a permission thingy.

So, the problems I am seeing are:
- Even though JS is set to 'remote storage', in the source code it shows that the pictures are linked from the local folder.
- The cron-job doesn't seem to work, even after re-installation of JS. www.tofinonow.com/blackbearkayak_tofino/..._community&task=cron

10 years 2 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hello,

I'm sorry but the scope of our support doesn't cover migrations. However, what you could try to do is, first of all backup everything. Disable amazon s3 integration, let the cron move all files to 'local' server, move the site with all the content to new server and configure the s3 integration again. There's more information on different migrations here: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Getting_Started_Documentation

Thank you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • T
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Eric

Thanx for your answer, the migration part is understood. Can you help me with the missing cron though? Like I wrote before I reinstalled but www.tofinonow.com/blackbearkayak_tofino/..._community&task=cron still gives out an error.
Could this have to do with the language parameter in the url? It jumps there even if you type the address without it.

Thanx in advance

10 years 2 months ago
  • Eric
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

It looks like you have a wrong link to cron. It should be:
www.tofinonow.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=cron

I've run it once manually and seems to work fine, moves files and everything.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • T
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi

No, that's a dirfferent site and the 'main hosting' site. I am developing a new version of blackbearkayak.com under the url given above: www.tofinonow.com/blackbearkayak_tofino/

10 years 2 months ago
  • Eric
Licenses:

Hi,

It seems you have a broken JS installation there. When you try to access the backend of JomSocial installation shows. Uninstall JomSocial and install it again (backup everything first).

If that doesn't help. Uninstall JomSocial. Go to the database #__menu table, find all JOMSOCIAL related menu items and remove them (again, backup everything first). After doing that, install it. That should definitely help.

Let me know. Thanks.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński