Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

/images/groupphotos - images removed from directory when JomSocial upgraded

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • 3by400
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

We upgraded this site to Version: 3.1.0.1. After the upgrade the JomSocial groups showed "0" photos on the frontend. We checked the /images/groupphotos/ directory and the images and thumbs were gone.

We copied the images back in place in the groupphotos directory from a backup but the JomSocial groups are not recognizing the photos, as in the groups still show "0" photos.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi 3by400,

I need inspect this issue further, but I cant access your backend and FTP access, can you verify it please?

thx

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • 3by400
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I've fixed the Joomla login. The one I provided should work now.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Ok I can login now..

Anyway, can you make sure your group which have 0 photos had some photos before? maybe members of that groups havent added any photos to that groups... because on our installation we dont touch any files inside /groupphotos/

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • 3by400
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yes, the group definitely had images before the JomSocial upgrade. Like I said, I restored the photos from a backup into the exact same directory as they were before the upgrade. We had a photo slideshow of the photos in that group, so yes, I know there were photos there before the upgrade. But, after the upgrade they were gone. We were using {besp}13{/besp} to display the slideshow. After the upgrade that code showed an error on the frontend saying that no photos were in that folder.

I've restored them, but how do I get them back into the group?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I afraid your DB alraedy broken, anyway did you backup database from the old one ?

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • 3by400
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

So, you are saying that the JomSocial upgrade corrupted my database? How should I resolve this?

Is there a way to do a mass upload of photos into a group?

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Not sure what happened with your DB, but Jomsocial upgrading won't delete your DB record.. so to if this happened, you need backup your database first (use akeeba backup documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Upgrading ) , in case the installation broken, you can revert Db again with your Db backup.

Yes you can, but you need allowed user create album in your group, so you can upload multiple photo under that album in one action.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński