Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Edit Application Plugin Name

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kao
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

On the application plugin, how do I edit the name? On the latest photos application, how do I make the thumbnail picture smaller? Is it possible to set a default number of pictures, videos, and events to show on application plugins without having to modify from profile customize my page?

How do I make videos, latest photos, and events settings to default at "Only your friends can view this application?" If user wants to make it public, then they can set it up in the profile customize page.

Attachment application.jpg not found

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi there.

Could you check if details to access your back-end are valid?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kao
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I updated the password. It should work now with the login I provided.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kao
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Its valid. Please advise.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kao.

1)You can change names of those plugins by editing their language files which are located at administrator/language/en-GB/

2)unfortunately at this moment it's not possible out of the box.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kao
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I did not wait a day to hear this kind of support. At least take some initiative as an administrator.

What about the photo thumbnail? How do I update the size. As you can see on my site it is very big.

For your answer in #2 great response. Makes me not want to renewal or do business with Jomsocial. This is your software and it can be done. It is currently setup to default at public. There has to be a way to have it setup to friends.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kao.

1)To be honest I'm not sure what you mean by " At least take some initiative as an administrator", of course I could change the names of those plugins for you, but since you didn't provide me with your desired names for those plugins, then all I could do was pointing you to exact place where you can change those names by yourself. Maybe I should point you also to exact files, if yes then I'm very sorry. The files are administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_community_latestphoto.ini and /administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_community_events.ini and change string PLG_LATESTPHOTO_TITLE and PLG_EVENTS_TITLE.

2)To achieve that, you'll have to hack our code, this's why I said that it's not possible out of the box, since there's no such setting for privacy in back-end. And since custom modifications are beyond our support scope, then I could point you to file where you can start with your modifications.

3)You can edit size of those photos by editing file components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css and look for div "#community-wrap .js-col-layout [class*="js-col"] *:first-child" and your desired width/high there. Once again I could do it for you, by I'll need your desired size.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński