Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

flowplayer only playing audio + apple compatibility

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

hi guys
my jomsocial is not playing uploaded videos properly.
only playing the audio. i am gathering from other forum posts, its a common thing -I do however need an urgent fix for this...

also months ago before i renewed my subscription - I inquired as to the compatibility of html5 / mp4 videos, as our jomsocial integrates with our mobile app,and as you know, apple devices wont play flash... and was assured that it was available... its not. (And i have since upgraded sites, and all based on this information to not only find mp4/apple compatibility not available, but flowplayer/flash does not work,

can i please have this fixed **URGENTLY**

thanks

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, this bug has already been reported to our devs. As soon as we have a fix for it I'll let you know.

Thanks!

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

As for html5 / mp4 videos we've tried to add them in the 3.1 release, however a problem with CentOS prevented our devs from doing it so it had to be moved to a further one.

I'll ask our devs about the estimate for it too.

Thank you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Eric

any news on these issues?

I have my app developers are waiting to fix the app we have integrated with jomsocial... in fact, you may want to talk to them (ijoomer) as they said that its an easy fix (although they wanted us to pay additional money for a bespoke job - only $100 but i dont think its right when jom,social should be doing this - and we were promised this prior to paying) - they said they were able to do it easily... maybe you can get the fix off of them and implement it for us who were already promised this prior to paying for the upgrades/updates.

thanks!

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

HI Robert,

My Name is Paul and i oversee Jomsocial support and your post has been brought to my attention. I wanted to explain to you why there is a longer than expected delay in fixing the video issues that some users are experiencing. When we released mp4 conversion to make the component "i" compatible / mobile friendly it raised some server specific issues that have proved to be rather difficult to resolve. We will resolve them and i apologize for the delay. We have found that from server to server and different versions on servers and specific configurations caused incompatibility. Because Servers are very customer side managed and not something we are able to control we need to find a solution that will work for all servers and not just a select few.

While the company you are dealing with is saying it is easy to fix, this may be true in your case on your server, but generally we need to provide an overall solution for everyone.

I understand this delay is problematic and i hope to have some answers regarding a fix date ASAP. I apologize for the delays and hope this will at least explain the issue a bit clearer

A short term fix is to return the code back to flv and the steps to do that i have added below

1. open this file components/com_community/libraries/videos.php, search this code :
// Build the ffmpeg command

2. around that code you will see $cmd[], please you change all cmd[] codes with this one :
$cmd[]	= $this->ffmpeg;
		$cmd[]	= '-y -i ' . $videoIn;
		$cmd[]	= '-g 30'; //group of picture size, for video streaming
		$cmd[]	= '-qscale ' . $config->get('qscale');
		$cmd[]	= '-vcodec flv -f flv -ar 44100';
		$cmd[]	= '-s ' . $videoSize;
		$cmd[]	= $config->get('customCommandForVideo');
		$cmd[]	= $videoFullPath;
		$cmd[]	= '2>&1';

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński