Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't change Album Cover

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • William Thomas Jr
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

The upload works, and then the save, it appears to work, but then Control F5 refreshing the cache shows the change did not stay? So we can't change album covers on at least one specific profile. The Groups profile worked and was set without issue.

The user's profile in question is: Reformed98323

And below I will fill out all access information!

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello William

Are we talking about album covers or profile covers here as those are two different things
Im perfectly able to change album covers from this user.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • William Thomas Jr
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Yes profile covers. And the user that this issue is with: Reformed98323

Another Superuser Admin that can't change their cover.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • William Thomas Jr
  • Visitor
Licenses:

The background rather in the profile view, that can be repositioned and such. You were attempting the right one, but this user shimei is not where the issue is. The issue once again is with one known user, Reformed98323 - if you go to their profile and try to moderate their picture you'll see that the changes do not remain after saving.

Thank you

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello William

can you please provide proper account details so i can login with the troubled user. Also, the provided account details do not work either.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • William Thomas Jr
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Original post is edited, and the login information for the account in question is below in additional comments.

Thank You

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello William

This is really awkward as it seems to happen only for few users.
I can see you are using the akeba backup. May i create the backup and download the dump of your site to install it on my local and test it there to see what is going on in every aspect of the site, including database?

Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • William Thomas Jr
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hello Sinisa,

Akeeba backup fails, and doesn't work on our website. Haven't tried to contact their support yet as it hangs for hours on end on database backup, but I just removed it. We are using Cpanel and our hosting service for backup solutions. Mind you, the site is over 17gb in size. My only option would be to give you the cpanel credentials, so that you can use the backup solution in order to download a 17gb website, and phpmyadmin to do a dump.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Wow, that is big one William :)

I can start disabling stuff on live site but im not realy keen to do uch thing. Is there any way you can make a shadow copy of your site on a dev server where we can start "crippling" the site in efforts to find out what is going on?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński