Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Cover photos set to "private" by default. No way to change it on upload...

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have been testing this for a couple of days and have found a bug in JomSocial 3.0.5.3

Whenever a user uploads a cover photo, it is automatically set as "private." I can see the photos since I'm a super admin, but I just realized nobody else can see each other's photos. :( Anyway to fix this so that a user's cover photos are automatically set to public?

I have provided my private site information as well so that you can test it and appreciate your help with this. Hope you guys are have a Happy New Year so far! :)

Ryan

10 years 4 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Ryan.

To be honest I'm not sure if we should consider this as bug or rather a improvment. Could you maybe post thiss idea on our uservoice page here > uservoice.jomsocial.com

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Can people still see the cover photos as a regular registered user in the stream? So, even though they are private, do the users still see the other member's cover photos updated in the steam?

Also, a couple more questions: When they are set to "private", doesn't that mean that other users can't see the cover photo at all? What would be the point of cover photos then if they are all private and no one can see them? Just curious about why they are all private by default.

If there was an easy way to make them public by default by a quick fix, I would greatly appreciate it. :) Thanks once again for your help!

10 years 4 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ryan.

Bassicaly whole albums are set as private, ok I'll just consult with our developers about this since I'm not sure how this should behave properly.

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Chris, I really appreciate your help with this. I will continue to test it today for you guys and see how it is functioning on my site. Thanks again!

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Any luck on this? I will still do testing on it as well...thanks again for your help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris
10 years 4 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I consulted this matter with our developers, and at this moment we dont Think that it should be changed. Let's say that you've like 200k users, and everysingle of them will upload his new cover Photo, then you'll have like 200k albums on all photos page. And we dont consider this as something user friendly. We could think about some setting for default privacy in back-end but at this moment I cant promise anything.

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Okay, but it is public in the activity steam, correct? So that when a user uploads a cover photo, it displays publicly in the activity stream? If so, that would be fine with me.

So far, from what I understand, this is how it works:

1) Cover photos are PUBLIC when they display on the activity stream upon a user uploading a cover photo

2) Cover photos are PRIVATE in the actual photo albums section.

^If that's the case, than no big deal. I was just confused at how it works and appreciate you taking the time to consult with your team at JomSocial. Thanks for the help Chris.

10 years 4 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ryan.

Exactly, the albums are bassicaly private but the activity on main wall is public :)

No problem, this's why we're, to help you on everysingle issue on concern, and since the issue was answered then let me close this thread and mark it as solved, if you've any further questions then please feel free to ask.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński