Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Not able to share photos to public in JS R3.1.0.1

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
Photos are not visible to public. I've tried to share photos or an album to public.

I did the following to double check. With an earlier version of Jomsocial Version: 3.0.3 it's working fine.
With the actual version of jomsocial 3.1.0.1 I didn't get it to work so far.

Details:
I've double checked the settings in the V3.1.0.1 backend:
-- Configuration > Privacy > Default Privacy > photos = members (Thats fine, everybody has to change it on his won profile)
-- Configuration > Photo > Enable Photo Gallery = YES
-- User Profile: PUBLIC
-- User Privacy: Photos to PUBLIC
-- Album: Makros ; Visibility: PUBLIC

Thanks, Matthias

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Matthias

I have just shared two photos at your site in a public album.

Can you please advise what exactly is the problem?

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey thanks for the reply,
The thing is more tricky. I saw that you shared photos to public. I could reach them through the activity stream. But this was not what I was referring to.
There is the box "Newest Photos" (DE: "Neueste Fotos") to the right, which is working not accordingly to the settings.
For a second I thought I've got the root cause. I was checking the "Search Engine Friendly URLs" to NO and the URL of the images looks much better now. But it is still not working?!

The link to an image is now like:
fotoarture.net/index.php?option=com_comm...hotoid=22&Itemid=217
And that looks reasonable to me.

Thanks, Matthias

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Mathias

I dont think i can follow the problem description here

Can you please explain exactly what you think that is not working? Maybe post some screenshots or make a video too?
Also, can you please check access credentials as i cant seem to enter the backend of your site

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński