Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't upload .bmp photos

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jill
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'm trying to upload .bmp's, I have imagemagick active and I'm getting "unsupported file type" when they try to upload a .bmp.
How to I approve .bmp's? Its set to allow it in media manager but I don't see any place in jomsocial to check for the same.

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jill
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

also, if it matters, There seems to be a layout error when it does fail

Attachment photo-error.JPG not found

Attachments:
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi there

GD2 image processor shouldnt by default support BMP images.
You should contact your host just to make sure.

As for layout, please try it with default template first.

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jill
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

as I stated before I have imagemagick turned on in jomsocial, media manager does the .bmp's just fine which I'm fairly sure uses gd2.

as for the layout, when I tried protostar NOTHING happened after the file uploaded, no error report, nothing... but even show, how can the template make it stack on error, but be fine on initial file selection?

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Jowwow

I was referring to the default Jomsocial template, not protostar of joomla.
as for .bmp image i will have to raise this to developer level of the support. One of devs will reach you soon.

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jill
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This is the default jomsocial template.

10 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

For enable the bmp, you can add the bmp support in this file components/com_community/helpers/image.php at this line :

$validType = array('image/png', 'image/x-png', 'image/gif', 'image/jpeg', 'image/pjpeg');

actually we do not recommend this, because it will break the GD library, just wondering why you still use the old image extensions, which there is lot better image extensions like png or jpeg :)

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jill
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The game that my members play save screenshots in .bmp format so the idea is they will upload it and imagemagick will convert it to .jpg. I don't use gd afaik, ( have /usr/bin/convert ) set in config.

10 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

please try my solution above, add the bmp header extension there.. hopefully the imagick can run it well

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jill
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

is it possible to put this as an override somehow so that I don't lose it on update?
also to let you know loading .bmp's in media manager works great.

one last thing... Dimas wouldn't it be prudent to have something like

if ( $imagemagick ) {
     $validType = array('image/png', 'image/x-png', 'image/gif', 'image/jpeg', 'image/pjpeg' , 'image/bmp');
} else {
$validType = array('image/png', 'image/x-png', 'image/gif', 'image/jpeg', 'image/pjpeg');
}
this would keep GD safe
I don't know your code so I don't know what would be needed to populate the $imagemagick var. I know you guys test for it but thats all I know.
my personal opinion is it should pull its image types from media manager as that's the authoritative image manager for joomla installs

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jill
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just tried it and it doesn't work... interestingly enough on the "wall" photo uploader it will upload the file and then give the error but on the 'photos->upload a photo' it immediately says invalid file type.
this is using

$validType = array('image/png', 'image/x-png', 'image/gif', 'image/jpeg', 'image/pjpeg', 'image/bmp');
in line 323

10 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Please try use this :

$validType = array('image/png', 'image/x-png', 'image/gif', 'image/jpeg', 'image/pjpeg', 'image/x-ms-bmp');

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jill
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

nope that still doesn't work.. all I get is the double load photo... no error though.

10 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

aah.. seems the bmp is not working for Jomsocial version, like I said before I suggest you user jpg/png for this, we cant help further for bmp issue...

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński