Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Members Map module not showing all users

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Martin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'm trying to set up Members Map module, but its showing only few Jomsocial members. All google APIs are set up. In member profile I have fields for City (FIELD_CITY), Country (FIELD_COUNTRY) and Address (FIELD_ADDRESS) but address is personal field only and most users has it blank.
In Members Map module i have set up address to FIELD_CITY, Town to FIELD_CITY, Country to FIELD_COUNTRY and other fields to None. That should be able to read town and country from user profiles and show it on the map. But most members are not shown on map at all.
Google API works in profile - searching locations and map showing something so propably API works there too. But most members include me are not shown on map at all.

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Martin,

Please you download and install the latest package from this link www.jomsocial.com/my-downloads , let me know how it goes.. if still doesnt work would you mind provide me backend and FTP access, please?

thank you!

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Martin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I already installed newest version of Jomsocial and Members Map module (4.5). Backend access is already in previous message. In this one is FTP access and url for frontend login, because page with map is restricted only after login.

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Actually the users are showing on the map, click on one of pin or zoom the map.. you can see more users there.

Attachments:
6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Martin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I know. Some pins are on the map. But thats not all pins it should be. For example my profile - Levi. I have filled up city (Plzeň) but there is no pin in Plzeň on the map. I have a theory. Module starts to search user profiles from the end of the DB (newest registered first). When it find city, it will show pin correctly. But at some point it stops searching. Because as I see it, the users are show on the map are recent users (registrations). I filled city to support account and this user is on the map. But my profile and many other older accounts (mine is second created account) are not on the map. Is it possible? That module stops searching profiles and ask Google API because of some error?

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Martin,

Seems the city is not detected or please check again carefully, I created new location from Bandung and Jakarta Indonesia, and it detected fine.. as new user or as old user

thank you!

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Martin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas.

Jomsocial has very complicated DB structure, but I tried some debugs and tweaks. I found that in DB is a table community_users that contains most of profile information about users. There are two columns: latitude and longitude. It looks like when user do not fill location fields, lat 255.000000 lon 255.000000 are set in DB. So I changed few profiles with this nonsense coordinates and set new coordinates to Česko (Czech). There were set corretly into DB. But module is still not working. There are more than 300 users on the website. My new thought after some tweaks with accounts is that there is a problem when many pins are set to same location (same coords) module stops to draw more pins. I dont know how to debug whole api script that sends requests to Google API, but it seems that problem IS IN module itself. As you have seen searching in profile field works fine, and I know, that there are more users with filled coordinations in DB.
So please, stop searching problem on website itself and please look at scripts with getting coordinates, ask Google API and drawing the pins on the map. When all users will set coordinates it will probably works fine, but when are some not filled in or there is many users with same coord script will not work :-( I'm sending screen from DB export...

Attachments:
6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I checked the location is there on the module data

"address":"Plzen, Plzen, \u010cesk\u00e1 republika"
and the problem is location you type is "Plzen" but on google it should "Pilsen", thats why that location doesnt show on the map

I tried change the location to Pilsen and works fine.

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński