Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Notifications module causing problems with Arabic language

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I activated the language module and the jomsocial notifications module in the top bar of my website.
The notifications module appears correctly after login. When logged in, changing the languages works for all languages. .Please see image1- English, image 2- French images attached,
HOWEVER when the language is changed to Arabic, the module causes all sorts of display problems. See image-3 Arabic. The screenshots shows the module in Arabic very different form the others.

I thought originally it was because I was trying to make css changes to the template. BUT when I returned everything to default, the problem still exists.

The strange thing is the module shows the SAME display error in different template positions. Doesnt matter which the module position the notification modules appears on the template it causes error. Please see images of the module in the sidebar position and in the sections position. This problem ONLY HAPPENS IN ARABIC. IN ANY OF THE OTHER LANGUAGES, the module appears correctly.
This is a brand new installation with no modifications. Template is the latest JALaw from JoomlArt. Plus Joomla 3.8.1

Update:
1. The ONLY time it works correctly in Arabic:- Login the front end/select Arabic Language/go to 'JOMSOCIAL' link. This page works. The notifications module is displayed correctly on the left just below the flags. (All other links will give a problem)
2. From 1 above, click 'Blog' and you can see a different problem than for example clicking MEGAF or clicking 'NEWS'

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
The issue is related with RTL language.
For some reason when set to Arabic this file is not loaded:

<link href="/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/assets/css/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

This cause display issues. I assign developer to investigate this further.
He'll contact you tomorrow.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michał, No one contacted me.

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I apologize for delay.
Developer will contact you ASAP.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Micahl. Still waiting :)

But an update to my problem.... I uploaded a totally different JoomlART template called 'MOOD'. This has been created specifically for soiclal networking and supports Jomsocial. HOWEVER..... I UPLOADED THE SAME 'NOTIFICATIONS MODULE' and I Got exactly the same problem as I described earlier. (I cant upload another screenshot here but the problem is the same). When you login to Mood and click Arabic, you get the same problem with the ICONS displayed very large the same way as the images I uploaded earlier. SO I think it may be the module at fault??? I dont know.

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Issue is the same, file with style is not loaded.
I ask developer once again.

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Please check again, its should better now.

thank you!

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas

There is still a problem. Please close your screen a little (not mobile and not full screen, but just in the middle, I think its for tablet size). (This is the best way to see the problem because all the icons are clickable and visible.

Login and select say Turkish, English, French or any other language. Then click notifications icon - a box opens in the middle which says 'there are no new notifications'. THIS IS CORRECT. Click on 'friends invite' icon and again a box open with 'new friend request' AGAIN THIS IS CORRECT. HOWEVER CHOOSE THE ARABIC LANGUAGE and you do 'NOT' get these boxes. In fact there is a 'loading' icon on the left which indicates something is still loading? This also appears when you click 'messages' or 'friends' icons.

(Also, this is my development site (to iron out any problems). Could you please tell me what you do and exactly which files you alter so I can do the same and repeat the fix later on the actual site. Many thanks.)

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I see, would you mind provide me FTP access, please?

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi

[MOVED]

Thank you

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

OK done.. I upgraded the module JS notification with the latest version from us, its fixed the issue, please check again.. :)

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you so much Dimas. Can you please post a link here so I can download the new module for my actual site which I am developing offline. (or is it available in the downloads section). Here would be faster though :) Many thanks.

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please check the attachment :)

thank you!

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński