Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JS Photos Customize Help Please

6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kevin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I do not know if you can help with this, or if anyone that is reading this with programming skills can help, but I need to customize JS Photos module. Currently it shows every single members photos in there. How can I change the code so it only shows the photos uploaded by the specific user you are viewing. For example, if I am looking at my profile page, I want it so show only MY latest uploaded pics. If I am viewing someone else's profile page, I want it to show only THEIR latest uploaded pics. It should behave like the "MyLatestPhotos" plugin. Only I want to use the module because I can place it in more locations on the template and it will not be overridden every time I upgrade. What code needs to be changed/added/tweaked? Thanks you so much in advance for any help!

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Kevin.

Thank you for contacting us.
Actually you don't need customizations to achieve this :)
Just use "My Latest Photos" plugin :)
Browse to Backend -> Extensions -> Plugins and search for that plugin.
Edit it and set it like this: prntscr.com/flhjaf
Core application means it will be displayed on each user profile. So set it to YES.
In "position" choose where it should be displayed in profile view.

As for JS Photos module it's rather used to display all community photos so keep using it ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin
6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kevin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yes, I am aware that the plugin will do this, but it will not let me place it in js_profile_feed_top position. Is there a way to make it go into that position? I was told it could not. Therefore, since I will need to modify files, I would rather accomplish this with the JS Photos module via override, and just modify it to show like the plugin does. That way when I do an upgrade, it will not ruin my website.

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Kevin.

Yes, you're right, you can't place it in js_profile_feed_top. But you may add it to the same tab line where stream and "About me" is. Just set it to "main content".
Or you may customize plugin to be able to display it elsewhere.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kevin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank for the response, but I do not want the photos in the main content in tabs. I want the photos displayed at all times just under the focus image and above the "about me" and "stream", just like it would be using js_profile_feed_top. Now I can mimic this with a little CSS by making the sidebar 100% width and placing mylatestphotos in the sidebar position. This pushes down the About Me section and keeps the photos above it, but then I have another new problem doing it that way. I posted it here:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/tips-tricks/36662-template-overrides

This only works in desktop mode. If I decrease the screen size to mobile size, for some reason, it then moves the sidebar position to the bottom of the screen below the About me section. I cannot figure out how or where to stop this from happening. By inspecting the coding in chrome or firefox, at smaller screen sizes, it seems to literally swap places the "joms-main" and "joms-sidebar" coding. How do I stop this from happening?

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Kevin.

This is fluid design... responsiveness - design fits current viewport.
All you need to do now is to set your styles for certain break points just like in bootstrap-responsive.css.

6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kevin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

So why does it completely move the sidebar to the bottom of the screen instead of leaving it at the top of the screen. Why not push the stream to the bottom of the screen instead? How / where can I dictate which one moves to bottom as the screen size compresses and moves things around?

As a test, I make it so that I can resize my desktop window to see how and where things move as the size gets smaller. At fullscreen, if you look at the coding via Google or Firefox, the "joms-sidebar" is right above the "joms-main" in the coding flow. BUT, if you resize your window smaller and smaller, you can literally watch those two DIVs swap places, making the sidebar below the main. How do I stop this from happening?

PS - Again, all my problems would be solved if I could make the JS Photos module display only that specific users pics :-) . Then , not only could I put it in the position I want ( js_profile_feed_top ) , but also use overrides as well for protection against futures updates = win win :-)

Seems as I am stuck either way :-(

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Kevin.

The purpose of JS Photos module is different than My Latest Photos plugin.
So options you have are:

- customize profile layout. This file controls profile layout:
ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/profile/base.php
Copy it to ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community/layouts/profile (if you don't have those folders - feel free to create them)

- customize plugin so you could assign to other positions that default

- customize JS Photos module so you get certain user photos only - just check what code is used in plugin and you may even develop your own module or just JS Photos module override.

6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kevin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yeah, thats what I figured. I like the idea of customizing the module best, so that I can use overrides to protect against updates. Unfortunately, I am no programmer, so I guess I will have to pay someone to do this. More money :-( ... Thanks for your help.

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Kevin.

As much as I'd love to help, customization is beyond what we're able to do for customers.
I'm sorry.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński