Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Admin Dashboard

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
As seen in your demo, on administrative login, one is taken to the the Jomsocial dashboard bypassing the default joomla control panel. I want to as well default to the jomsicial dashboard on login and save a few worthless clicks. How was this accomplished in your demo. I tried the native redirect component with out success and mod-rewrite is on as I use it for SEO purposes.

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok, so I'm a little closer by altering the index.php file for the default admin joomla template ISIS

On line 59

$cpanel   = ($option === 'com_cpanel');

To I then added after that
// REDIRECT TO JOMSOCIAL AND BREAK JOOMLA CONTROL PANEL
if($cpanel){
    $app->redirect("index.php?option=com_community"); 
}

Or I did a .htaccess file in the admin folder
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^$
RewriteRule index.php index.php?option=com_community

both of these worked but unlike your demo where you can actually use both the default Control panel and your dashboard. doing as I did breaks the control panel fully as a sacrifice. I'm not a big joomla programmer and I figured this is the only way to accomplish this as I can not find a setting or a plugin that would add the dashboard to the joomla control panel like some components do or even a custom redirect plugin that would enable this like you do for the front end and in your demo. Know this is helpful when your handing a site like this over to a less experience admin and all you want to do is train them to perform admin related jomsocial functions - perhaps a new feature request?

in any event how Do I do this like you have done in your demo and so it persists through upgrades.

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi David,

Well actaully this is Joomla default behavior, if you wanna get less configuration you only need to create new user from Joomla user manager, and set it the ACL (assign group) to administrator... actaully on our demo are are using the same behavior like Joomla does, and we do not change anything on it :)

thank you!

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I understand the acl, this is not what I am asking. Out all I wrote you zeroed in on my comment about having someone with less experience admin the JomSocial component. That may be the reason I am exploring this but it does not address how you on login of the demo account send/redirect the demo user directly to the JomSocial component dashboard

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi David,

Please you try this plugin joombooking.com/extensions/plugins/produ...-login-redirect.html

I hope it will help..

thank you

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That's exactly what I needed and was asking for, you should add that to this application.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński