Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

lost my menu with the update today

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Philip
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I had a customized controller.php file, when the site was upgraded today with the new JomSocial 4.2.6, I lost the customization.
I figured I would use what I had learned in the past, using the html folder in the template. I put my customized controller.php file in the location root/templates/socialize/html/com_community/controllers/controller.php but the file doesn't seem to be being recognized. What am I doing wrong? did I put the file in the wrong place? I thought I understood the process, but apparently not.
This customization was so the menu in JomSocial "appears" and works as a drop-down for screen reader users.
Thanks in advance,
Flip
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Philip,

Your override code already replaced with the newest code.. you need re-apply it.

Just for your info, you only can override the template files, BUT you cant override controllers, models, tables or view files.

thank you!

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Philip
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Ok, thank you.
I'll take care of it.

thanks again for your quick reply

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński