Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Google maps not working

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Entered the API key and have the default mappings. The dashboard shows oops! Something went wrong. Latest joomla version, latest JomSocial version.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Enter API key
2 go to dashboard

RESULT
Error oops! Something went wrong. Displays in a grey background

EXPECTED RESULT
To work

BROWSER
Chrome

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi David,

Your API key was wrong, and I already changed it with the correct one from mine..and the map is showing fine now..

Please you check your API and put with your own correct API key

thank you

Attachments:
7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

thank you but I generated 2 API keys and both had the same effect. Can you confirm the google API key generator is now BAD because if so then many others will flood this form with the same issue. I used this link to create the key and I just did a 3rd key AIzaSyBZFhcZtIZQ1xktEqZFZHFFJFNiJEadNUY and it too is not working (I saved your key to get it working again). How or where did you go to create this key perhaps I am not going to the right place?

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok I see where I screwed up now - this has become much more complex over the years and as a result I over thought this plus not realizing how this works. Anyone reading this should use this link WEB... and DO NOT click on any of the various SUB-TYPES below as its a different type of key that gets generated. I program a bit so the best I can tell readers is these keys are now way more SCOPED and taylored to the service in which they are intended to be used on. Like I said way more complicated than is use to be. The take away is stick with the generic WEB type and do not click through to a sub type then generate the key from any lower level.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński