Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

MissingKeyMapError throughout community

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: I have tried many different things to get the maps to work throughout jomsocial, but nothing seems to change. I have another program using the same map apis and it works flawlessly throughout the site. I have completely removed the other program and still got the same results. I have tried to run the local event search on an almost blank page with no other programs or modules loading, checked the page source and shut down anything that could possibly cause a conflict with the function and I get the same error message in my console on every browser: MissingKeyMapError. It seems any key I enter in the configuration is not being parsed. I have both a browser key, and server key, and all necessary apis enabled in the google console. I have taken screenshots of all if that helps.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Home Page... try local event search (left column) with either localization or entering location. The only event is Bend, OR Full address is on event.
2 Go to event... no map showing no matter what address or location I enter for the event. (Currently using the address right from the Google map itself)
3 Go to personal profile page of Vince French and see no map, only an Ooops message for friends locations.
4 Go to Ads list and all maps work on localization, directions, geolocation, and embedded using the same api key or another that I created for testing.

RESULT
No maps showing due to same error: MissingKeyMapError

EXPECTED RESULT
Intended maps
BROWSER

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Vincent.

Thank you for contacting us.
I'm sorry to hear you have issues using JomSocial.
I assign developer to this thread so he'll investigate cause of your issue and provide possible fix.
He'll contact you ASAP.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you, looking forward to moving on with this.
I forgot to mention that the map in the admin fired right up as soon as I entered the key, and works with all the web and server keys.

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Vincent,

Please try to use the latest friends location plugin here www.dropbox.com/s/7dzd1mjgiu07lvm/plg_my...ndslocation.zip?dl=0

I hope it will help

thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

That worked. Thanks for the plugin. At least I know the problem must be somewhere in the events, because I still get nothing on the event map or any kind of location search. I'll keep plugging away at it.

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

I think for map event is different issue, would you mind provide me FTP access, please? I will check the code..

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Here you go, User:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Password:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Forgot to mention that the search nearby events search works now, just the one that enters the location and click the search button. The localization one (or detect location) still shows the same error code and produces no results.

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

I think I've got it, well part of it anyway. I re-installed the program package a few days ago because I noticed that some language files were missing from the events part, but I never changed the events that were currently listed. I just put in a new "mock" event a few minutes ago and the map came right up. Still the same deal with the "Auto Detect" on the nearby events search though, but no big deal there for now. If you can figure out what's up with that it would be cool, but I can live without it.

Thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński