Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Module Display Issue

7 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Publisher Active AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

This module issue is getting old. Why is it that I can't turn these module on and off where I want them. If you go to our Ad Agency Overview page, it shows two modules. I do not want any modules on the left side of this page at all. I have tried over and over to turn them off. Please turn them off on this Overview page.

thanks,

David

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Please, provide page URL and module name.
Do you mean this page: madd-talent.com/mt-advertising ?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

madd-talent.com/component/adagency/adage.../overview?Itemid=488

Modules
Featured Groups
MT Featured Members

If possible, I would like the Featured Groups Module to show on only the Group pages and the Featured Members Module to show on all the Member pages only. I do not want them showing up on the above Overview page.

Thanks,

David

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

I'm sorry but this issue has nothing to do with JomSocial, Socialize or AdAgency. This is rather Joomla! module misconfiguration.
Also link you provided is actually wrong, it should be: madd-talent.com/overview
As you see I disabled both modules on that page (just configured module position assignment properly)
But where I could see where this link madd-talent.com/component/adagency/adage.../overview?Itemid=488 appear?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,
I have no doubt you know way more about all of this than I do. However, if you look at the attached screen shot, you will see two red rectangles. When I select one of those two hyperlinked text, it brings me to this page; madd-talent.com/component/adagency/adagencyAdvertisers/overview

Again, I am not questioning that you are correct and that this module placement issue I am having and have been having for some time now, may in fact be a Joomla issue. Okay. I will contact Joomla and ask them why this is happening. All I do know is that this should be as simple as selecting a module and selecting the pages that it is shown on and I do know how to do that part. I have been fighting with module placement for months now and have sent in several issues on different modules but all related to how it's placed. It's not working and I appreciate someone finally acknowledging that I am not crazy and that something is in fact wrong.
I will leave this open so when I get an answer from Joomla, I can share it with you and all the JomSocial members that may be having the same issue with Module placement.

Thanks,

David

Attachments:
7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Actually the correct url in this link is: madd-talent.com/component/adagency/adagencyAdvertisers/overview .
The construction of that URL indicates that it doesn't have OWN menu item ID... at least it's not used in the URL.
This is indicated by this part: madd-talent.com/ component/adagency/adagencyAdvertisers/overview
In Joomla! you can assign modules (or access right and etc.) only to menu item IDs. If page doesn't have menu item ID then no assignment rule can be created.

So the conclusion is that I spoke too son that thi issue has nothing to do with AdAgency. It seems that URL in that link is not created correctly as it should use menu item ID from AdAgency menu... I apologize but I see the issue clearly just now.

Let me assign developer to this thread to take a look if we could fix that.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi David,
I just checked your website after I logged in.
I went to social page and I did click on the Advertise here link, all goes to correct page which is www.madd-talent.com/component/adagency/a...Advertisers/overview where there is no module.

If you come on the wrong page, please tell me from where you land there? what is the initial URL.

Thank you.
Alin

7 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

I will get to this as soon as possible.

daivd

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński