Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can I disable having to log in when accessing messages from a link?

8 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY: When a member receives an email form a group telling them there is an announcement, new discussion, event etc. they follow the link but then have to log in. This is putting a lot of people off using the system. Can I disable the need to log in somewhere. I can't find a setting for it.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 In a group I create a status update, event, discussion or announcement
2 The members of the group receive an email telling them
3 They follow the link in the email
4 it makes them log in instead of realising because they followed the link they are allowed to access the information
5 People get frustrated as they can't remember the password or be bothered to log in.
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

it cant. that login is mandatory.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark
8 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

In that case can I request it as a feature for public groups please?

I'm not getting many people using the system despite having it in use for several years. The only people I can get to add stuff are spammers ;-)

My client group is teachers and they are telling me they find the system clunky to use in comparison to Facebook, its the login feature that is causing the most frustration.

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

maybe you can use this solution:
at login form user can use "Remember Me" for that user no need to login every time.
and please activate jomsocial redirect plugin, and set "Redirect back to previous page".
so after login, that user not lost the page.

Regards

8 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'll certainly suggest that but most of my users are teachers logging on from school computers so saving passwords is not really something we recommend. I'm going to start looking for another social networking component because this IS stopping people from using the groups.

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

jomsocial running under joomla. all non public pages need to login with username + password for that.
there is an other option for login. maybe using facebook connect? if still dont want using this, I dont have other solution any more.

non public pages always need to login and need username + password for that.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński