Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Help with custom events

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hey guys I am in the process to migrate a site from joomla 1.5 to joomla 3.x.
I havent any problem to migrate jomsocial from 2.6 to 4.1.

The point is we made some improvements in jomsocial 2.6 without change core functionaly, in other words we have some events for example:
When a user(some admins) make a post all users will know about it no matter the group, and same thing when a certain user create an album or an event, we're using mailq functionality on our own.

I have a couple of questions i know you have a way to feature a post or an event, is there a way to send email when i do that?

I would like to know if we have some events similar to:
OnGroupJoin and etc

In order to trigger some emails(all groups members) when an admin make a post, create an album and a new event.
What kind of trigger can i use or how easy is add some custom events to jomsocial?

Thanks for your help!

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

jomsocial having this:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/API_Events

so, you need to create new jomsocial plugin for implementing that things (as 3rd party extension).

Regards

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Yes. But what happen in the case for example of create a new album? I can't see any event for that. But I want to know what should be the right way to handle custom events if the event doesn't exist in your api? Overwrite or extends your classes in order to make it work on the way I want to for some specific scenarios such as create an album and send an email to all members groups.

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

if not exist. I suggest you to create joomla plugin for that. that complex plugin, because you need intercept create a new album.
I suggest you to looking 3rd party developer at any freelancer site.

jomsocial support not able to do it. that beyond of jomsocial support.

and please put user voice at here:
uservoice.jomsocial.com

we can put it at feature request.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński