Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Members Module Filters Not Working

9 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

Not sure why this is happening but the filters (Newest · Featured · Active · Popular) on the Members Module are not working.

When you click them nothing happens. I have searched the forum for a solution, but could not find one.

You can view the community frontpage here: www.womeninmedicinemagazine.com/social-n...edical-professionals

But I have also attached an image for clarity. Any help would be much appreciated as usual! :-)

Thanks.

Attachments:
9 years 4 weeks ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Todd,

Please you clear the cache and try again, its working on my end.

thank you

Attachments:
9 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I've cleared all caches again, everything including the browser several times and it still will not work for me! This is very strange.

I have tried it on my iPhone and on an iPad and a MacBook Pro still the same results. It does not work for us. I have tried it on three browsers as well, Safari, Firefox and Chrome.

Any idea at all what might be the cause?

9 years 3 weeks ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Todd,

It can be your template issue, but well.. your issue is coming from not your registered domain? do you try install it on another domain?

9 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Okay I will report this issue to Gavick as it is their template. But just one question however and that is why does it work for you and not for us?

9 years 3 weeks ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

It can be a browser issue, this issue was not working for me, and refresh it again and suddenly works fine until now :)

9 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Okay I have discovered the problem. It is a conflict with Ad Agency zone modules. When I publish the modules it does not work. However when I have disabled the modules the filters work.

As they are both iJoomla products any idea how to solve this issue? Thanks.

9 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Actually it is only the Ad Agency module that I have published in the Top 1 position (Community - Top1 Banner - Horizontal - 728 X 90 - Ads) on the JomSocial page ( www.womeninmedicinemagazine.com/social-n...edical-professionals ) that is causing the problem.

I have two Ad Agency modules published on the community area, a top banner and a 300 x 250 banner on the right side. When the 300 X 250 banner is published alone, the filters still work but not when the top banner is published.

9 years 3 weeks ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Ehm I see, I will try to contact the developer

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I saw the issue, we are looking for a solution, I will let you know when this will be solved.

9 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I reported this problem to Gavick also. Not sure if this will help you but this was there reply:

"I think problem is not connected with either template or jomsocial, but some other extension.

Looks like the script for tabs labels is set to work only after website is fully loaded and in this example website is loading non-stop. In developer tool I see a constant connection to a website called pix04.revsci.net and 2 more which just blinks so I have no good look on it.

This may be caused by a wrong or lack of jQuery library. Try using Easy jQuery plugin to set a global jQuery library for all website. Start with the jQuery version which came with joomla, there is an option in this plugin settings for that."

Thanks.

9 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Any further help with this? Thanks.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński