Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Plugin Questions for replacing Joomla Authors Field with Jomsocial Name and

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Karl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

maybe a stupid question by me for you as Joomla and Jomsocial Expert...
Changed from K2 back to Joomlas Article Content Managment cause want wait furhter months for a stable Realease of the never comming out of the new K2 and also switched to the new Joomlarts Teline V Template for my upcomming site.
In K2 it was possible to replace the K2 Authors Name and Avatar with their their Jomsocial Profile Name and Avatar and if an User who reads the Article of an Author clicked at the Article Creaters Name or Avatar he was redirected to his Jomsocial Profile. This was possible with a Plugin - K2Jomocial ( www.minitek.gr ) - Within this plugin there was no additional adapations to the Authors to make. This was all done by this plugin.

What I´m searching for is the same way for my Joomla authors/Managers and so on....

1.) Users registers at my Website via Jomsocial
2.) I give selceted Users rights to create Articles in Joomla
3.) so far so good...
4.) Normally when visitors reads Articles and clicks at the Name of the Article Author they are linked to the Articles Creator Contact Details if Contact Component is enabled. But I don´t want enable the Contact Details for Article Authors and Visitors of my Website should be redirected instead of this to the Jomsocial Profile of the Article Creator.

So now my questions
a.) Is there a plugin available which is able to handle this feature automatically when installed? With feature I mean: The plugin replaces the Joomla Authors Name with his Jomsocial Name and Avatar in Article View and replaces just the Authors Name with his Jomsocial Name in Category View for Example?
b.) If no plugin exists like this? Is it possible to create one which can do this job?
c.) I think this would an amazing feature and would extend alls running Joomla Sites with installed Jomsocial on the web ;-)

Note: I mean no module...
And I mean not one like this: Author Info Box - this bundle of 2 Plugins can handle just the Jomsocial Profile above or below the Joomla Aricle...

With best Regards and a Happy New Year,
Karl

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Karl,

please try this solution:
1. edit
/plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/html/layouts/joomla/content/info_block/author.php
/plugins/system/t3/base/html/layouts/joomla/content/info_block/author.php

2. at both files around line 21 you can see this code

<?php echo $author; ?>
changing it to
<?php echo JHtml::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&userid='.$item->created_by, false), $author, array('itemprop' => 'url')); ?>

so if Contact Component is disabled, the author will be linked to jomsocial profile.

Regards

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Karl
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,
back from short holidays. Tried this solution but this doesn´t work :-(
No Link to the Jomsocial User

Greets, Karl

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Karl,

could you please provide me FTP access detail? by editing your first post at this topic. I need to build the custom code for you.

and please give me any article URL's that you want have the author link on it.

FYI: edit your first post at this topic. put any credential information at site info form.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Guys.

It can be easily done. Just edit template of an article -> com_content (and/or item in category listing) and replace link to contact to profile.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Karl
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,
I added FTP-Access Details now in this post.

Thanks for your reply,
Greets, Karl

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Karl
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Forgot to write...

All existing and upcomming new users who are Authors at my site should be linked to their Jomosocial Profile

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Karl,

please check it. I changed the override by your template at this location:
/templates/ja_teline_v/html/layouts/joomla/content/info_block/author.php

now you can disabling the Contact Details, after that the link will be linked to joomla profile

Regards

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Karl
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,
good Job :-)

The Authors Link now redirects to the Jomsocial Users Profile when his Contact Details are disabled in Contact Component. With one limitation: It show´s the link without SEO.

Example: *http://www.portal-regional.at/2015testportal/component/community/42-super-user/profile.html*

So, it´s not assigned with Jomsocial in Navigation menu. I think you know what I mean here to describe.
Is there a way to have the redirect link like this?

*http://www.portal-regional.at/2015testportal/jomsocial/42-super-user/profile.html*

Greets, Karl

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Karl,

please check it. I forced the link by using this code:

echo str_replace('component/community', 'jomsocial', JHtml::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&userid='.$item->created_by, false), $author, array('itemprop' => 'url')));

JRoute is a joomla function, sometimes that function not perfect.

Regards

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Karl
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,

with this settings, this works now with SEO friendly URL

Thank´s a lot :-)