Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Members Module full with layout (known problem, no solution)

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi

I want to have the Community Members Module on other pages than the JomSocial one. have read this thread: www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...ls-are-massive#95747 and this thread: www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...use-thumbnails#93726 so I know that this module by design will have 4 columns and thumbnails will fit to column sizes.

This makes it not look good when used i full page with, as it only display 4 pictures in each row, and make the thumbnails look crap. The above mentioned threads only indicates how to fix it.

Could someone please tell me how to modify this module, so it can be used BOTH in jomsocial sidebar, AND other places on the site, and still look like it does in jomsocial sidebar.

This is no problem with my particular website, this is the module design, so no need for anyone from support to log into my site to fix anything. I prefer to be shown what code to modify, so I can do the modification myself.

Anyone able to help?

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Oste,

you can do it by using CSS override, put this CSS

#latest-members-container .js-module .js-col4 {
  width: 8%
}

at /templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css change the width value with your purpose.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

So on the frontpage I can have full width, and in jomsocial it will be as usual (sidebar)?

I just wonder, If I set .js-col4 { width: 100% } in the custom.css, how can this be anything else than just 1/3 of the full page width?

I want the module to be as it is in jomsocial sidebar, but on the frontpage I want it to look like this:

Attachment fullwith.jpg not found

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Oste,

basically that thing depend with your template it self.
please provide me Super User access detail and FTP access detail by editing your first post at this topic, put it under site info form.
and provide me screenshot to show me what exactly position do you want make member module as full width.

I will do it for you.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albertus

In my opinion, this is not a template issue. Just install a clean joomla, install jomsocial, create 5 users, and publish the Community - Members Module in the footer position. Then it will look like this

Attachment cleanjoomla.jpg not found

Then install JoomlArt purity III (as I use) or ANY other template, publich the module in any full width position, and the result is the same, whatever template one uses.

Of course I appreciate your offer to log in and help me fix it, but I need to understand this so I can fix it myself. We are in a building stage for this website, and the position of the members module (as anything else) is not set in stone. It is not a good idea to have anyone log in to "fix this", and then if we need to change things we cant do it, because we did not know how you fixed it.

I request information and help how to ENABLE ME to change the module, not the template. Obviously in this case it is the module that has limitations that make it impossible for people to place the module where they want. In order to have this module look good (in any template) you are limited to place it in a 4 coloumn module position, not at 12 coloumn (full width) position.

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Oste,

please put this CSS at the template CSS file. I can't tell you what exactly file name, because every template have they own override standard.

#latest-members-container .js-col4 {
  margin: 0 0 10px 10px;
  width: 8%;
}

you can play with the % value. please try this solution first and let see the result.

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albertus

I also use the members module in the JomSocial sidebar position, so the problem with your suggested custom override code is that it may help for the display of the module on the frontpage, but at the same time it make the JomSocial sidebar module look totally unsusable.

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I want to keep the sidebar as it was, now you see it does not look good. So what I need is how to change the MODULE, so it can be places ANYWHERE on the site without needing to mess with css to make it look good. In the earlier days this module worked perfectly, but for som reason you team has made it difficult for people to use this module in other positions than the JomSocial sidebar.

Attachment sidebar.jpg not found

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Oste,

dont worry, it possible like that. as you can see the width value is in % (width: 8%;) changing it to px (width: 74px;)

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oste
9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Oste
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you very much, that worked :-)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński