Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

How to prevent forwarding after login

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,
some time ago i posted Topic number #79812 with the same Problem:
If a member is notified by mail about a friendship request, he gets a link to confirm the request. When he clicks on the link, he has to register first. Then he should go to the page on which he can confirm the request. However, he is redirected to the page which is specified in the Jomsocial configuration . How can I change this?

Michal told me to use the "Redirect back to previous page" feature in the Jomsocial Redirect plugin. For some time that sometimes worked . Now it works never. I installed the latest Version of the plugin (3.2.1).
Please give me a hint, how to get this feature to work!
With kind regards
Burghard

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Burghard Stanneck.

Well, in JomSocial by default you'll be redirected after login/logout to specified page.
You can set it in JomSocial component or Redirect plugin.
There isn't option to remove redirection rule.

Solution I suggested is still valid. I tested it under JomSocial 3.2.1.3.
You have other components that may influence redirecting after registration/login.

There may be way to totally remove redirection in JomSocial... but it involves core files to hack. We do not provide core files hack solutions as they may cause issues (or don't work at all) with future releases of JomSocial. Users then are stuck with outdated and unsupported version... and blame us.

So only I can advise here is to hire a professional developer: www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński