Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

How to change Avatar default photo - no programming experience

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Simply
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi I have read below link as per your website regarding changing default. but need a more detailed step by step explanation of how to change the default cover avatar indefinitely . ( There are two parties which require different avatar photos upon registration to the website) I have little experience and would like if someone can explain what software I'm supposed to use to change the image in the root folder that you mention in the article
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Replacing_Default_Avatar

ROOT/components/com_community/assets (how do I gain access to this through what channel?)

Do I need to use a certain software to gain access to the "backend"
Is there a video anywhere showing how beginners can change these kind of defaults on their website.

My site is not launched but I'd appreciate some assistance and the how to if possible .
I had someone else develop the site but upon upgrading joomla or jomsocial to latest version the avatar reverted to the orange man for both of the registrants.

Any help would be appreciated .

Ps I have heard of the term FTP and Cpanel but I don't really know where to start and don't have another web developer hired currently.

Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Simply,

FTP is a file transfer protocol. your site must also using FTP when uploading to server. And if you buy any web hosting they must provide you login account for cpanel access.

May I know what web hosting do you use? if you have login detail for that and if you don't mind, you can put it at Site Info (By editing your first post). Site Info is private, only moderator can see that.

and provide me the new avatar image default image. I will do ti for you.

Regards,
Albert

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi Simply,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński