Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

friend search

10 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I would like to remove search friends by name and leave only advanced search.
also in advanced research that I would come out the same as the default and not "contains" and I want to remove all the matching criteria.
How do I?

Attachments:
10 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi Domenico,

It can :-)

please follow this steps:
1. copy search.advancesearch.php from /components/com_community/templates/default/ to /templates/your-template/html/com_community ( documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Customizing_Template )
2. edit the code:

line 244:
from
cond	= ['contain', 'equal', 'notequal'];

to
cond	= ['equal', 'notequal', 'contain'];
remove code at line 415:
<label class="lblradio" style="padding-right: 20px;"><input type="radio" name="operator" id="operator_any" value="or" class="input radio"> <?php echo JText::_("COM_COMMUNITY_MATCH_ANY_CRITERIA"); ?></label>

3. disable "search" menu from menu manager - jomsocial toolbar

4. edit /components/com_community/views/search/view.html.php
line 14:
from
$this->addSubmenuItem('index.php?option=com_community&view=search', JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_SEARCH_FRIENDS'), 'joms.videos.toggleSearchSubmenu(this)', SUBMENU_LEFT, $html);

to
// $this->addSubmenuItem('index.php?option=com_community&view=search', JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_SEARCH_FRIENDS'), 'joms.videos.toggleSearchSubmenu(this)', SUBMENU_LEFT, $html);

5. edit /components/com_community/views/friends/view.html.php
line: 31
from
$this->addSubmenuItem('index.php?option=com_community&view=search', JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_SEARCH_FRIENDS'), 'joms.videos.toggleSearchSubmenu(this)', SUBMENU_LEFT, $html);

to
// $this->addSubmenuItem('index.php?option=com_community&view=search', JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_SEARCH_FRIENDS'), 'joms.videos.toggleSearchSubmenu(this)', SUBMENU_LEFT, $html);

Done, let me know the result

FYI all changes at /components/com_community/views will be disappear if doing any upgrade.

Regards,
Albert

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok done. Thank you so much always very kind.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński