Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

K2 items in profiles Joomla 3.2.3?

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

In the past with Joomla 1.5 I have been able to use a Jomsocial plugin that will let a k2 author's article be listed on their jomsocial profile.

However it does not work with Joomla 3.2.3.
I already use a third party k2 jomsocial integration plugin but that only links a k2 authors name to their profile and makes sure new members are automatically added to a k2 group.

What I want is to see a link in the authors jomsocial profile to their k2 article.

How do we make this happen?

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Eric,

I am sure this is related with K2 plugin, I suggest you contact to K2 developer for checking this.

thank you

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Funny you should say the because according to Lefteris Kavadas...

Hi. Why you don't ask the developers of JomSocial? Since you want to get K2 items to JomSocial pages you should ask at their forums for help.

Is this the way its going to be? Bounced back and forth between two developers with no one taking the helm? Somebody HELP me please!

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Eric,

Owh.. I thought the K2 developer provide this plugin as weel.

This is the 3rd party issue, have you tried this www.jomsocial.com/addons/content-enhancements/jooblogs-k2items styleware.eu/free-downloads/item/28-k2-a...ile-integration-free or extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ial-extensions/18766 ? that is old but i am not sure still work or not, but you can try

If you wanna create the similiar like this you need hire the 3rd party developers..

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I tried to install the www.jomsocial.com/addons/content-enhancements/jooblogs-k2items which works perfectly in Joomla 1.5 but not in Joomla 3.2.3. When I attempt to install in Koomla 3.2.3 I get a warning.

Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

The people who made this plugin this seem to be out of business.

The other two options link K2 articles to a Jomsocial profile but do not list K2 articles in the authors profile. I am using the one from Minitek. It works just fine for what it is but I need more.

I have to hire someone? Why can't this be a natural part of what I already paid for? A Social Network system ought to be integrate with a wide variety of blogging extensions.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Eric,

Ehm..I think that plugin already outdated, for this I think you should hire the 3rd party dev, you can find them here www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński