Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Activity Stream Module Pull Data From Another Website?

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • J
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I am looking at hosting some sub-domains under my current website and I would like to maintain the community to some degree throughout the sub-domains so that it is centralized to the main domain website.

Can I ask, If I were to install JomSocial on all of the sub-domains so that the core files are included and add a script on registration so that all users are automatically registered on the main domain website when they register on any sub-domain, would it be possible to put the JomSocial activity module on a webpage on the subdomains and re-code it to pull and send the data to and from the main domain website's database?

If anyone has got any suggestions for doing this or can help in any way it would be most appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi J,

I am sorry by default this is impossible, if you want you need hire the 3rd party developer www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers for achive this.

Thank you

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • J
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński