Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Problem Using Hello Me Module on the Site Home Page

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am running Joomla 3.2 and I would like to have a login module on the home page but the Hello Me module which I found in my Community modules does not seem to work. Is this an outdated module? How can I get it to work?

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Timothy,

Can you explain more about "Does not seem to work" about hello me module ? Please give me your credentials access on backend and FTP :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

=========
Moved Account Detail into first post
=========

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hi Timothy,

as i said before, can you explain more about your problem about using hello me module ??? if you just said "does not seem to work" then very difficult for me to inspect the problem...

Your joomla backend account was wrong, i can't login with what you give and also you ftp access, you didn't gave me username and password..

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

OK I just published a new Hello Me module on the home page of metoperachorus.com

Something is not connecting correctly. When I log in or out I get either a "Safari can't open page" because too many redirects have occurred or a 404 page.

This is the page it is trying to open: metoperachorus.com/index.php/component/u...=user.login&Itemid=1

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Timothy,

That link come from joomla, not from jomsocial... you can see that is component user from joomla /component/users/?task=user.login

We can't help you so much because i can't access anything to your site..

Warm Regards

David

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Timothy,

If you publish a module "Hello Me" on the home page and you do not provide the settings of the module that will appear on the home page is a user login fields.

Could you provide the correct Super User account so I can check through the backend page.

Warm Regards

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

metopera / chorus

Thanks!

I am not sure which settings you are speaking of. Can you be more specific?

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Timothy

On the bottom right side of your website is the position in which you place the module "Hello Me" which is the title given "THIS IS ONLY FOR TESTING LOGIN".

I tried to log in via the module "Hello Me", successfully logged in using Chrome browser and it works well.

warm regards

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

OK I was able to log in with the Hello Me Module (not Facebook yet) but now when you click to log off it does not redirect correctly. I have set the log out preference to Frontpage but it tries to go to the profile.

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Timothy,

To redirect users when click to log off, you can make settings in Extension Manager > Plugins Manager > System-Jomsocial Redirect
Have you set on each field to your liking.

Warn Regards

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński