Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Wall API with support for uploading pictures/videos?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I've successfully integrated the Wall system in my 3rd party app. However, I would like to add more functionality to this. I would like users to be able to "Share" comments as well as pictures or videos in my app using the native Jomsocial API. Is this possible?

Ideally, it would be the same as the share boxes on the user or groups pages. Does this currently exist in Jomsocial or do you only have support for "comments" only?

Thanks for your support!

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Kevin,

So you want your app can be commented by using our wall library? By default we dont have the API for this, but you can try use this code :

CWallLibrary::getWallContents($appType, $uniqueId, $isOwner, $limit = 0, $limitstart = 0, $templateFile = 'wall.content', $processFunc = '', $param = null, $banned = 0)

you can see the full codes of our wall library inside this file components/com_community/libraries/wall.php

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I've already implemented basically what you suggested according to the following documentation:

documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Walls_System

However, I am trying to allow users to be able to upload pictures and videos as well as the comments to my application. Is this the correct API to be using or is there something else I can use? Just like on the user or group page, I would like the "Share" box with comments, photos, and videos to appear.

Thanks!

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Kevin,

So do you want upload to the wall comment? if like this, this is impossible.

I am sorry maybe I dont understand your issue well, can you ellaborate more please?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński