Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Advanced search with name instead of username and privacy issue

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Fabio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
first of all my advanced search doesn't search for the field "name". Instead, it searches for the username. So, It is impossible to research a user with his real name. How could I change that? I think this is a bug because in the advanced search options there is a field for "name" but it searches for the username anyway (it finds the user if I put his username instead of "real name")...

Secondly, even if I set the privacy for my email, registered users can still find me by email. I deactivated the research by email for this.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Fabio.

No there is no bug. You set to display user name (login) instead of real name in JomSocial.
So login was threated as a name so searching was in login fields.

I changed it for you, but for future reference:

Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Layout -> Display name -> set to Real Name.

Please confirm if it works for you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Fabio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes it works if set to Real Name. But I don't want them to be showed! I switched back and I'm wondering if there is a way to keep the Username displayed AND the research by real name.

What about the email privacy in researches ?

Edit: the advanced search is useless for my language for users coming from Facebook. In fact, I can't perform a research using "city", for example (it excludes people registered with facebook even with that field filled). In addition, the gender field in the profile info, for those coming from Fb, was in english. I fixed it by adding to my language file it-IT.com_community the strings:

MALE="Maschio"
FEMALE="Femmina"

which are the genders in my language but the Profiles associated remain impossible to research through the advanced search using the gender field. It seems that the data imported from Fb are using different fields.

Different research strings (when clicking on a profile gender)

Traditional registered user: bullban.com/index.php/jomsocial/search/f...Y_FEMALE&type=select

Facebook user: bullban.com/index.php/jomsocial/search/f...R=Female&type=select

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Fabio.

To many cases for one ticket :) Next time please start a new topic for new question/issue.

1. No, Name displayed is threated as user name. So if you choose logins then logins will be users name and search will be performed only for them.

2. You already disabled search by email. If email field is searchable then search can be performed for that field.

3. You're correct. We use language constant but Facebook don't care about other language and everything is in English. To change that you'll need to hack JomSocial core files what is not recommended. So I'll mark this as a bug and ask our developers to pay attention to this.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fabio
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Fabio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok just one last doubt:

I disabled email research because even if I set the privacy ON for my email, registered users can still find me by email.
I tried Privacy email ON (check) in preference -> email and notification. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Fabio.

In preference -> email and notification you set only way in which JomSocial will notify you about community activities.
Email field is one of default Joomla! fields. It is not showed anywhere in JomSocial but still is searchable.
So I confirm that the only way to forbid users to search by email is disabling in in Advanced search.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Fabio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

In Configuration -> Site -> Search by email -> You can enable it or disable at all or set the privacy for it
AND
if you set "respect privacy", a new field appears (privacy email) in "email and notifications" on the user's profile (see attachment)

Attachment screen.png not found

but the field isn't working (the research doesn't respect the privacy). So I think this setting isn't working for me or it is a bug.

Attachments:
10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Fabio.

Please upgrade to current version of JomSocial -> JomSocial 3.2.0.1 and check if issue still persist.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński