Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Problem to assign a module to a main menu item

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello, I created it some groups and some groups I want to assign a module yootheme, namely one of Widgetkit. All these groups have created them a item in main menu and when I go to the module and we assign the item to a group module does not appear in the ad that group. If I put it out on every page so if it goes that module. I could say that I'll be doing wrong or I may be going please. Thank you very much!,

PD: By the way, can you tell me where is explained how to manage modules jomsocial

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Amistad,
Honestly saying that, I did not get your point exactly.

If you want to place module in main menu, you may have a look here http://www.yootheme.com/themes/documentation/getting-started/setup-the-joomla-modules (incase you missed), as I am seeing you are using yoo_revista with (WARP 6.4.4)

and if you are interested to place module at jomsocial main content area then have a look at
http://documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Built-in_Module_Positions

Let me know if I misunderstood.
Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Amistad
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello , I have researched a little more and I see that when I assign a menu item in a module , I works fine, but .... if the menu item is chosen from the default does not work jomsocial me (I put the difference of the hidden links) . Let me explain . If I choose as menu item ( for example) All Groups , so if that if I assign a menu item module goes properly. But ...... if I have to choose a menu item like this ( create a URL external or internal ) and the url I put the url of a group created then there goes the module. I imagine that connoisseurs will know that the problem may be due . No problem can be if the template jomsocial , I do not , but I have days wandering around this issue and there is no way . Besides , I need this to work on me because according to groups that have created need a few different modules. I hope you may be able to help me .
Thank you very much ....

PD: I try to put different urls in secret

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Amistad,
Though I am not cleared about the requirement but If you are expecting like
Do you want to control module with different link of jomsocial different menu, like groups, events, photos...?
Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Asraf uz Zaman, to see if I know explain because the translator did not seem to understand very well .
- I've created in jomsocial some groups , I think here is clear.
- I created a few items on main menu linking groups , a total of 41 groups and 41 items.
- If when I access a module that I have in the Top -b template YooRevista (Frontpage Slideset Demo) position I assign the menu item of one of the groups , the module does not come out when I access the group.
- If the module tell me to go out on every page , so if it goes .
Do not know if the problem is because only obeys when a menu item is the default which is to create ( ex. All Groups) modules, but the menu items to the groups I've had to create an item I may put the url of the group and thus , neither puts the item alias . I think maybe the solution to the problem would be if you could put a link to that item in the group will not create conflicts.
If is not asking too much , I think it would be good that you could get into the control panel and check for yourself if the module mentioned before the item is assigned a group of jomsocial , this module does not obey and not output to access .
I hope I explained it right this time ...
Thank you very much Asraf uz Zaman

Greetings ! .

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashraf
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Amistad,
As I am seeing lots of group are adding with external url and for each group any module can be assigned from
module manager with menu item assignment.
So I have concluded with the screenshot.

The module which ever you want to show at the jomsocial main content sidebar can be assign
at the top or bottom of built-in module "js_groups_side_bottom", "js_groups_side_bottom"
if we consider to control modules at each group page.
Thanks

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński