Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Activity Wall & Activity Module Issues

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

We are using the following module on the Homepage.

Module: Community - Activity Stream [mod_activitystream]

This module is displaying different Activities to what it should, should it not be matching the Community Activities as per www.opgroeigids.nl/community ?

If it is different, then can you please explain where the other activities are coming from and why they not displaying on the Community Home?

Thanks,

Andrew

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Just disabled the module on the homepage as I can't have it displaying those items on our homepage. You can enable in Module Manager to check.

thanks

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Andrew Gous,
I didn't find the problem. I have checked at your site and found it is working fine.
Please see the attached file.
N.B: The activity screen is showing at joomla main content area and from where i picked the screenshot. If there any other place where the activity stream showing wrong then let me know.
Thanks

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Asraf,

Thanks, but did you actually read my post entries? Please check it again...

"Module: Community - Activity Stream [mod_activitystream]

This module is displaying different Activities to what it should, should it not be matching the Community Activities as per www.opgroeigids.nl/community ?

If it is different, then can you please explain where the other activities are coming from and why they not displaying on the Community Home?"

"Just disabled the module on the homepage as I can't have it displaying those items on our homepage. You can enable in Module Manager to check."

Therefore, to see the issue, you need to first enable the Module: Community - Activity Stream [mod_activitystream], then check the site homepage: www.opgroeigids.nl

Please get back to me urgently...

Thanks,

Andrew

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Andrew Gous,
I have published the module and seeing some activity on there.
The purpose of the module is to show activity of all users.
But if you want to show with some criteria then you have to customize the module "mod_activitystream.php" at line no 33.

$stream = $activities->getHTML('', '', null, $maxEntry, '' );
replace with
$filter_criteria = 'all'
$stream = $activities->getHTML('', '', null, $maxEntry,'','',true,false,null,false,$filter_criteria );

Here is other filter
"active-profile","me-and-friends", "active-user-and-friends", "active-profile-and-friends", "all"

Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Asraf,

Sorry, but you still do not understand me...

Look at the last two "Recent Activities" listed on www.opgroeigids.nl (bottom end of page):

dev voegde een foto toe voor KDV Topkids BV
KDV Topkids BV
Leuk Reageer21 uren 42 minuten geleden

dev voegde een foto toe voor KDV Topkids BV
KDV Topkids BV
Leuk Reageer22 uren 20 minuten geleden

Those entries are NOT VISIBLE on the Community page's "Recent Activities"

as per the details in the screenshots from before...

Please get back to me.

Thanks...

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have attached another screenshot. You have enabled the Module (Module: Community - Activity Stream [mod_activitystream]) to display on all pages, that is not what I wanted. That is not the problem!

The issue is that there are activities displaying on the Activities Module which are NOT displaying on the back-end Activities (JomSocial Admin) nor are they displaying on the Community Activity Wall.

I have DISABLED the module until this is resolved.

Please get back to me urgently.

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Andrew

I have just tried to login at your site but wast able as it seems tat youre using some sort of IP or region blocking.
Can you please disable that so i can login at your site?

IP exception would not be possible as in the following weekend, im planning to change several locations from Europe to Australia and that being said, my answer could also be delayed, but i think i know what your issue is, i just need to see it to have something to work with.

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinasa, How are you?

Anyway, which country are you based in? Where are you trying to log in from? Can you also provide your current IP?

Thanks,

Andrew

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Andrew

I have just compared activity streams on the Home and Community page at your site and they look the same with the difference that module only show 8 items (most recent and as set in backend)

Can you please elaborate further how to replicate the issue?

By the way, I'm at the Singapore right now, and every day for me is a new country, therefore IP and location exceptions will not work :)
One more time, sorry for slow response. Later today I'm reaching my final destination and will provide you with more rapid responses.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

that is very strange... I will keep an eye out and see if it happens again. just a thought, could it be caused by caching? Does the caching work differently for the module as for the standard community home wall?

thanks for your effort and time, really appreciate it.

On another note, can you please just have a look at this post of mine: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/136...ial-url-translations

there is something really strange going on.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński