Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Registration Issue + notifications

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • marija
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi, I posted a topic yesterday about the log in module not redirecting properly, and one of the support crew solved it, but now I noticed that when a user clicks on 'Create new account' they are not redirected to the JomSocial registration, but to the Joomla default which gives an error.
A suggestion on how to fix this, I am using the default Joomla login module, maybe I should use another one?

And one quick features question, does JomSocial send email notifications to users for friends request and similar, or just admin mails for new user registration?

Thank you

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, marija.

I replaced Joomla! login module with Community - Hello Me module.
Now when you click "Create new account" you're redirected to JomSocial registration form.
When you log in, it redirects you to your profile.

Does it solve the issue?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • marija
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Michal, that solved the registration issue, but it didn't redirect to profile page after log in, I activated the JomSocial Redirect plugin which solved it.

Just if you can respond to the previous question as well:
-Does JomSocial send email notifications to users for friends request and similar, or just admin mails for new user registration?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, marija.

I'm sorry, I missed that.
Yes, JomSocial sends email notification for friend requests. Also when someone likes something on your streem or comments on your streem.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: marija
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński