Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Pin Dragging In Google Map

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi
This may be the wrong place, but it's not so much a fault rather than a request if possible.
In my whole country we do not have street addresses, in fact there are only 10% of streets in the whole country actually named.
Also, my need for JomSocial is to cater to the whole country - over 84 islands as I am wanting to recommend to others (The Government) over here that we adopt JS as our script of choice to establish a national cultural and climate change forum through our national cultural centre / museum, to engage people both in the town and the villages and from students to people in the bush.

Being able to drag the pointer when setting the map is the only way I can use it and without the mapping, JS is without a very big advantage - is it at all possible to have an option to drag the pointer to the location as well or instead of the manual entry of street address (which don't exist) ?

best regards
Mark
Vanuatu SW Pacific

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Mark Lowen.

Yest, this is a feature request. Please add it to: uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-feature-request

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply.
Having looked at the system for requests and noting that I am the only one to request this so far, I've concluded it's not going to be available and I will need to scrap my plan to use JomSocial for a nationwide network as the ability to drag a marker over a satellite pic in the map is the only way to locate remote villages in the islands.

I'm sure this is true across most of the 3rd World - a potential user base of many millions of users (maybe jomsocial should also cater to the non urbanised population on earth too :-)

I see it in many joomla modules and anticipated it would have been a standard option for setting locations in Google Maps.

Is it a simple task to implement dragging the pointer to set the location ?

I have around 10 NGO's working in Developments across the islands ranging from Malaria Control (how great to be able to map outbreaks in remote areas where it takes days to travel etc etc etc ) I was really hoping JomSocial would run as the forum engine for networking these groups so a way to 'drag the pin' is essential - is there a way to do it ?

regards
mark

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński