Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Wall posting suddenly doesn't work

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

Okay I changed something in the community ini in the language file, because the activation email didnt work... i checked it several times and even did a back up and checked it again that i only changed the following:

I just got the quick patch for this, in lang file find this code :
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.\nTo activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&-paste it in your browser:\n\t<a href=QQQ%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"

change to :
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.\nTo activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&-paste it in your browser:\n\t<a href=_QQQ_%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"

and find this code :
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_COMPLETED_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %1$s,\n\nThank you for registering at %2$s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.\nTo activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&-paste it in your browser:\n\t<a href=QQQ%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nAfter activation you may login to %4$s using your username and password."

change to :
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_COMPLETED_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %1$s,\n\nThank you for registering at %2$s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.\nTo activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&-paste it in your browser:\n\t<a href=_QQQ_%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nAfter activation you may login to %4$s using your username and password."

This is what Dimas says in another thread... So I did this, but now I can't post anything on the wall, I can't imagine why this could be related... anyway.. could you help me fix the problem?

Extra note: it seems to only effect several accounts, and used my test account and with that account I could post on the wall, but some member complaint already about this and some don't have any problems at all. How come this happens with some accounts and some accounts have no problems at all? this doesn't make sense to me...

Thank you.

Kind regards, Natasja

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Natasja,

I just replicated this.. posted new wall on frontpage, and seems working fine for me..

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

Well that is the strange thing... I think this issue and another issue are related. See this thread: www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...-words-invalid-token

I tested my profile again, I can not post on the wall. After that I checked with another account (test account) and with that one I could post on the wall just like you did with your account on my site.

Furthermore, I think there is an issue with several profiles (which is really weird), because some members can't go to the profile pages of some other members, they get a totally blank page. I don't know if these people have the same issue on the wall posting, but guesses are high.

I will give you my own log in details, so you can check for yourself. I am really confused what is causing this... cause I haven't changed anything dratiscally to some php code... I am not using that at all... The only thing I changed was the "QQQ" thing in this thread: www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...-email-does-not-work

Nothing else.

I hope you can help me out.

Kind regards,
Natasja

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Natasja,

Can you provide me the sample user who has this issue please? so I can replicate this with that account..

Thank you

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Well the sample users does not have any problems with posting on the wall... it occurs in my own profile, I can't post a status :(

I will give you login details of both profiles.

Look forward to your support.

Kind regards,
Natasja

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Natasja,

Ok please provide me your own account then.

thank you!

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I already did this in private information section :) but will do it again then..

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

just wrote the details on the private section page :) thanks for helping.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi dimas, it is fixed because i found the issue about another thread- the one about the blank profile page mentioned above. I asked chris in thatthread how to solve the error code. After that will be fixed i can publish the twitter plugin again because that is causing the error.

Kind regards, natasja

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Glad to know that :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński