Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

How to add top menu and approve new users

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

How can I add the top menu like jomsocial demo site?

I also want to set different level of members. Can I setup directly?

If I want to approve all new users how can I setup?

Thanks.

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

1. If you want to add top menu like jomsocial frontpage demo, you just need to create a top in your joomla menu manager and add new menu item in there, but this top menu depending on your template too..

2. For different level of members, you can use jomsocial multi profile feature, so new registered user can choose which type membership they want.

3. if you want to approve all new users in one shotm just go to jomsocial administrator > Monitor > Members > just tick top checkbox and click approve selected..

If you still have any question, please let us know :)

Warm Regards,
David

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi david,

I mean I want to set up "approve" for all the users. Users register the website and then active their account. After they active their account they can post info to the website.

I want to set up all the users need to appove by admin. even they active their account. How can I set up it?

Linda

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

Just go to joomla backend and select users > user manager and search options button after that just set "New User Activation Account" value to "admin"..

if new user register, only admin will get an email notification about new user register (new user will not receive an email activation) and admin should go to joomla backend and activate this new user manually.

Warm regards,
David

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi David,

Is it a way that new user still need to active their account but they cannot post anything before the admin approve the new user?

Thanks.

Linda

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

i'm sorry, my mistake :)
Even you set "New User Activation Account" to "Admin", new user still get email activation notification. even new user click activation link, they can't login until admin approve their account..

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi David,

I did some test. The administrator approves the new user account but the notified email has not been sent.

Where we can set up this notified email? The following is the message.

Your email has been verified. Once an administrator approves your account, you will be notified by email, and you can login to the site.

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

i had been testing your frontend website, your email notification was entered in spam folder :)
if you want to ask, how can i make this email going in to inbox folder, i don't have an idea with that because this is about security and policy about every email provider.. maybe you can use gmail, yahoo or a valid domain webmail account in your "From Email" Settings..

When i changed your backend settings (from email) using my gmail, my yahoo and my own webmail domain account, this email notification was entered in my inbox folder :)

warm regards,

David Sutanto

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • linda
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks. I will test it.

If I also want to set up all the events, groups, video to approve then show to public. Can I set up it?

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Linda,

Maybe you can learn more about jomsocial (Features, How to, Etc) on this link Jomsocial Wiki Page

Warm regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński