Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Activation email does not work (solved)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

Subscribers receive the following email when they register (this is the default from JomSocial), but when they register and click the activation url it does not work. Below you find an example the email.

Hello kim XXXX,

Thank you for registering at young-adults.nl. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.
To activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&-paste it in your browser:
<a href=QQQhttp://www.young-adults.nl/index.php?option=com_users&task=registration.activate&token=3383d35bd421ae71f11519eb559bc971_QQQ_> www.young-adults.nl/index.php?option=com...ae71f11519eb559bc971 </a>

After activation you may login to www.young-adults.nl/ using your username and password.

I tested the URL and got the following message, same as the user had.

Registration failed: Verification code not found.

Could you please help me solve this? Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Natasja

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Natasja,

I've tried to register on your site at www.young-adults.nl/ and i got an email activation link like this one :

Bedankt voor het registreren op young-adults.nl. Je account is aangemaakt en moet geactiveerd worden voordat je kunt inloggen.
Om je account te activeren, click op de volgende link of copy-&-paste deze in je browser:
<a href=QQQ www.young-adults.nl/index.php?option=com...86467634cb9db8c46ca5 _QQQ_> www.young-adults.nl/index.php?option=com...86467634cb9db8c46ca5 </a>

after i see this email body, i find something weird which is i marked with red color.. this is why your activation link seems failed or not found... maybe you can check again on your administration setting.

Best Regards,
David

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi David,

Okay thank you. But where can I adjust this? Or edit this link? Because this is JomSocial default ... so don't know where to change it without some help from you :)

Look forward to hear from you.

Kind regards, Natasja

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hi natasja,

Maybe this link can help you out :)

www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...-has-two-links#62227

Warm regards,
David