Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Is there a module that does this?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roger
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Is there a module that lets me extract custom fields from jomsocial and then format them the way I want?

I kind of like the way zoo lays out its business directory. A module that let me extract custom fields from jomsocial database tables would let me lay out this information and achieve a look similar to zoo's business directory. I just need to assign the module to the js_profile_top or js_profile_feed top.

Roger

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Roger

Im not aware of any but you can do that very easily if you know how to make modules
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/JomSocial_User_Object

If not, creating one should really not cost to much
www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roger
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks for your reply. How would I get multiple images in a module? As far as I can see, Jomsocial doesn't have an image fieldtype.

Roger

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Unfortunately, we do not have image field but you can call the user avatars, covers, even photo albums, and really, whatever you want.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roger
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Yeah, I'm sure there's a way of getting those images somehow. But........it's not the same as asking the user to upload the necessary images as part of their registration. That way, when the user is done registering, they immediately get a pretty profile.

Otherwise, you have to tell users AFTER they register that they still have more to do...not so easy.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

I know what you mean Roger, but unfortunately there is no image field at this point of time.
Meanwhile, you can take a look at this plugin
www.jomsocial.com/addons/core-enhancements/media/force-avi
It forces the users to actually upload Avatars before doing anything else on the site, or if they try to remove it and use the default one, it forces them to change it again, therefore, you will always have users with avatar images :)

Hope that helps you out.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński