Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Users avatar and about me still shown after deleting profile!!

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi,
when facebook user are deleting his profile, avatar and about me infos are not deleted from website.
deleted user still can see there avatar and infos on website until admin has removed it from back end!

looks like this in stream and user profile:

Attachment 01_2014-01-04.jpg not found

Attachment 02_2014-01-04.jpg not found

is this a bug? because users sending emails after deleting there profiles why avatar and infos still seen on website!!

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Alexander

Users can not delete their profile. Only admin can
When they click on the link to delete the account, they are only blocked until Admin removes them completely.
In Joomla, user can not delete its own account. Only admin can.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

ok i know this and for registered jomsocial users it works, profile and avatar isn´t shown anymore in frontpage and i can delete them from backend! but that isn´t the problem if you had read exactly!

it doesnt work for FACEBOOK LOGIN USERS!! (see attachment above!!) After deleting user can still see his avatar and some profile infos in front page!! why ???? that cant be correct !!!

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Alexander

can you please advise how do we replicate this issue?
I have just tried and wasn't able to reproduce it
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD4CVyK_klM

Can you please advise?

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

hi sinisa,

try deleting YOUR "facebook login profile" as USER first (profile edit -- delete) and watch stream

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Well, Alexander, have you read my first reply here?
www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...leting-profile#62768

When user "deletes" its profile, its not really deleted, its only blocked, and still kept in the system until Admin deletes it. Hence you can still see its profile.
Only Super Admin can actually delete users on the site.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

so why there ist different between "jomsocial user" and "facebook login user" ??
when jomsocial user is deleting he can´t see his profile anymore, facebook login user still can!!
thats unlogical !!!

and im not talking about deleting from backend, thats work fine, but thats still not the problem!

for example:
when im register on a website and dont want to be any longer member, i delete my profil. but when i see after deleting my profil still exist and is still viewable for other people im going to a lawer because of privacy rights.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Alexander, i feel like a parrot here
User can not delete profile from frontend. Joomla does not allow user to delete its object and messes with database.
Yes, they have options to do it, but they are not deleted, they are just blocked in the system

Once as admin, you delete them completely, because youre the only guy that can actually delete users from site, all of their trails will be removed too.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

sinisa,
im not talking alien language ^^ .... you want understand or you dont want to and you didn´t give answer about questions!

im always talking from users view!!

of course only admin can "delete" a user completly in backend, BUT a normal registered user dont know this when he is clicking delete his profile in frontpage!

NOW ASK YOU ANOTHER WAY AND HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO ANSWER ^^:
a) what happen on frontpage when a jomsocial user is clicking delete in his profil?
b) what happen when a facebook login user is doing the same?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

They are both only blocked
Thats how this feature have been working since day 1
Administrator reaction is always needed.

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

why are you showing me backend picture? backend wasn´t my question !!

show me a picture how it´s look like when both users "clicking delete profile" in FRONTPAGE !!

when you doing that, you are able to see the bug on stream, that only jomsocial users are correctly blocked and not "both"

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Alexander

What part in these sentence is not clear to you?

"Users can not delete their profile in Joomla. They can only block it. Admin needs to delete them in order for all trails to be gone too."

Im showing you the picture of backend because i tried even with video and that didnt worked.
Ill try again... www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWB0UpyKjhY
If after this is still not clear to you, then i really dont know what you want me to do.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

sinisa,
you asked me how to replicate the issue and i told you whats the problem and how to replicate it.

in my first post you can see the bug on stream what happened wih users avatar and profile when he is clicking here: index.php/profile/deleteProfile ---> in your words "blocking" his profile.

i just wanted to make more screenshots for you and was replecating the bug, but fortunately the bug is not coming again (maybe temporary server problem).

so it´s time to end this discussion, but it showed me, that you unfortunately don´t have understand until now what i was try to telling you!

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Alexander

Im not questioning your knowledge
I have just tried to explain to you what is happening.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński